Berreta Al 391 urika

Morkin

Hello all, just some advice please is there any of you who use or have one of these for pigeon shooting , there is one that has come up and always liked the look and feel of them but never shot one. This is a multichoke 26 " barrel model , thanks for reading and any advice on cartridge they like or don't .

Hello just noticed, you think what a ____ Herrera ,I just noticed it changed BERRETA .

I have owned one cleaning and maintenance get some posts on here - don’t follow the book. IIRC no lubricants up front if you have to you need to fully wipe off. Above the trigger in the working bits lightly oil.

the workings round the gas port will coke up clean off with scratch free pan scrub and heavy duty solvent cleaner you will get through a bit ! if you are festidious about only putting the gun away clean it can take a good hour to sort after use. most only clean after a slab of cartridges unless it starts messing about !

finally getting em dry after they have been used in heavy rain can be fun ! 

I had the 3.5 chamber plastic fantastic one could be picky with short light cartridges ! But it could also had a hard life enjoyed my time with mine.

oh it should come with a shim kit so you can Taylor it to fit you !

Agriv8

On 16/02/2022 at 21:54, Agriv8 said:

I have owned one cleaning and maintenance get some posts on here - don’t follow the book. IIRC no lubricants up front if you have to you need to fully wipe off. Above the trigger in the working bits lightly oil.

the workings round the gas port will coke up clean off with scratch free pan scrub and heavy duty solvent cleaner you will get through a bit ! if you are festidious about only putting the gun away clean it can take a good hour to sort after use. most only clean after a slab of cartridges unless it starts messing about !

finally getting em dry after they have been used in heavy rain can be fun ! 

I had the 3.5 chamber plastic fantastic one could be picky with short light cartridges ! But it could also had a hard life enjoyed my time with mine.

oh it should come with a shim kit so you can Taylor it to fit you !

Agriv8

The easiest way to dry the gun is to use a hair drier. The fore end cap does need cleaning now and again, I have a Briely one on my 391, looking after that is a doddle.

If anyone saw the state of my 391 it would make a grown man cry, the external barrel finish leaves a lot to be desired from being covered in blood and water along with a dented rib. The wood work has deep scratches and chunks missing from it, it gets hammered 3 days a week on the pigeon but it just works with minimal cleaning. I’ve put 1000’s of 21g loads through it and never had a problem with cycling. I’ve tried new autos before but I keep going back to the 391. Buy one you certainly won’t regret it. 

391’s have got to be one of the best autos available. I’ve had mine about ten years and wouldn’t want to part with it. I’ve also got an A400 xtreme that I only really use for heavy loads, ducks, geese, fox drives. I prefer the 391 for everything else. Mine is 20 gauge and handles and shoots like a dream.

On 12/02/2022 at 16:51, clangerman said:

these are only guns I use for the pige gas piston lug might break but easy cheap fix just replace with four lug one to avoid a repeat mine cycle almost any cartridge going 

My 20bore broke a piston lug shortly after I bought it and amazingly it still cycled, I ordered a 4 lug one from the estore which is much more robust.