Fuel price protestors

oowee

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Unfortunately the Police are a MINORITY these days.

very true, at the end of our cul-de-sac there is a small path that leads to some fields and woodland, the last three weeks or so one or two of the neighbours have noticed some unfamiliar faces hanging about near this path, one phoned the police and they came round and told my neighbour they were possibly selling or using drugs as they had found some evidence of this, they said they would assign a vehicle to check it on a regular bases, well since then we have seen one police vehicle that parked at the top of the Avenue for five minutes, since then not seen sight or sound of the police.

So how does this help. ?. .... The vehicles in the traffic will  use more fuel so costing the drivers more.  The government / plod aint bothered.   More fuel so = more tax income.  Oil companies sell more fuel  = more sales profit. = more tax input.  All I  know is that I would be well hacked if I was trying to get to Gatwick for a flight on holiday.   The anti fuel activist can't happy with all the extra emissions.  Perhaps the organisers are doing it to stir up unrest because there's no logic to it.  Back in medieval  times they'd hang a few of these clowns as an example.  And those that glue themselves to the road... wave the traffic on...  roadkill.  Simple.

3 hours ago, oowee said:

Seems to me the higher the price the less people on the road and the more economical the driving will be. Not noticed any difference yet? 

I have noticed the difference I work for a courier company with approx 250 self employed riders and drivers and now the price of fuel is hitting them hard a lot of them are turning down work as it is becoming uneconomical I know you will say pay them more but it’s not that simple big companies in central London won’t pay it if they paid more we could pass it on the the drivers my job is getting harder to get the jobs covered every day

2 hours ago, nobbyathome said:

I have noticed the difference I work for a courier company with approx 250 self employed riders and drivers and now the price of fuel is hitting them hard a lot of them are turning down work as it is becoming uneconomical I know you will say pay them more but it’s not that simple big companies in central London won’t pay it if they paid more we could pass it on the the drivers my job is getting harder to get the jobs covered every day

Sooner, rather than later, those big London companies will have to pay more… or they simply won’t get their goods.

Your saying at present it’s getting harder to find drivers to take that specific job… but there’s still drivers in the role. 

If the margins continue to get squeezed where it’s so uneconomical some of those drivers will Jack it in. 

Companies can only keep squeezing the margins when there’s room to flex. Sooner or later they run out of room to flex. Previously we had a lot of Eastern Europeans brought in to bring the costs down, this was across lots of areas of work, where they’d work for low pay and conditions, but even that’s running out of flex room now. 

On 04/07/2022 at 20:09, oowee said:

Seems to me the higher the price the less people on the road and the more economical the driving will be. Not noticed any difference yet? 

A1 through north Northumberland and Berwickshire was was as busy as I have ever seen it on Saturday.

Blackpowder