24g 12gauge Cartridges

I damaged my shoulder earlier this year and have been using 21g Gamebore evo and Fiocci T21, both have performed really well and my scores have gone up a little. This may be because I have had to shoot gun up all the time or been concentrating more but intend to carry on using these cartridges for future 

23 minutes ago, madge998 said:

Due to ongoing Shoulder issues i have to go to 24g shells now. I've tried Fiocchi Officials before and didn't really like them so has anyone got any advice or experience with 24g loads that perform well at mainly Sporting and Sportrap disciplines please 

How about using a semi auto ? 

I have a moderator on my 20b and with 24grm loads there really is very little felt recoil .and no ear plugs also .

Worth a mention perhaps .

57 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

I have a moderator on my 20b and with 24grm loads there really is very little felt recoil .and no ear plugs also .

Have a Franchi Affinity but 28g Gamebore recoil in it as much as 21g Fiocci in my s686. It will not eject 21g so may try some 24g to see if they eject

9 hours ago, Ultrastu said:

I have been using the A400 Xcel for 2 years and its been hurting a while now so my shoulders are getting worse 

I only ever use 21gram for clays. Never seen a clay thrown that can't be broken with 21s.

I use Lyalvale Express super lights, around £222 per thousand.

In direct answer about 24gram if your in Norfolk/Suffolk area try the 24gram from Eriswell Lodge, their own brand loaded I believe by Hull. Its a competition load that's soft on the shoulder, patterns well and leaves no debris in the barrels. I think they're around £240 per thou.

2 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I only ever use 21gram for clays. Never seen a clay thrown that can't be broken with 21s.

In direct answer about 24gram if your in Norfolk/Suffolk area try the 24gram from Eriswell Lodge, their own brand loaded I believe by Hull. Its a competition load that's soft on the shoulder, patterns well and leaves no debris in the barrels. I think they're around £240 per thou.

I have used 24 gram clay cart’s for about the last 10 years. My reasons: they break clays just the same as the 28 grammers; less recoil, better follow up second shots; slightly cheaper; can shoot higher volumes per outing. Wouldn’t even consider 28s these days. Of all the types I’ve tried, Hull ‘Intercomp’ have been the softest shooting. Although, Eley ‘Select’ are very similar. Warning: try to avoid the Italian silly velocity ‘sticks of dynamite’ 24s. They cancel out the usual gains. 

10 hours ago, Centrepin said:

I've just moved over to express super lights to give them a try.Not fired one yet though.

I have found fiocchi t21 s fine in the past.When my shoulder was being troublesome I used my semi auto for a while though. Another I found really good were olympic blues on a plastic wad.Not to dear either

Edited by wisdom
Addition

2 hours ago, wisdom said:

I've just moved over to express super lights to give them a try.Not fired one yet though.

I have found fiocchi t21 s fine in the past.When my shoulder was being troublesome I used my semi auto for a while though. Another I found really good were olympic blues on a plastic wad.Not to dear either

Actually you’ve hit on something there. The plaswad cart’s are softer shooting than fibre equivalents - if the OP’s shooting ground will allow.