best lube for a Leatherman?

chrisjpainter

6 minutes ago, chrisjpainter said:

Interesting. The clean up has done it no end of good, so that might be all it needs? Still fi anyone has any suggestions...

i use a small diamond file to touch the blade up now and again...the file has a round back to it which fits the serated blade ....it is a file for fishing /sharpening hooks etc...hust right for the leatherman profile..:good:https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/164006148514?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5338792760&toolid=20006&customid=EAIaIQobChMIp9Tx0KCI-gIVGuvtCh0GtwhCEAQYDCABEgIxjvD_BwE&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIp9Tx0KCI-gIVGuvtCh0GtwhCEAQYDCABEgIxjvD_BwE

something like this 

Edited by ditchman

I sent one back for repair under warranty. 
It came back with a nice handwritten note suggesting I clean and lube my multi tool once in a while. 

I can’t locate it now but I’m sure they said light oil or gun oil. 
I have used gun oil with no issues. Also used it to clean ****, grease and sweat build up off 

On 11/09/2022 at 10:13, GingerCat said:

Gun oil, wd40, 3 in 1. Mines being going years and years on any/all of the above. Maybe once a year if it's lucky. 

I have just done mine after it's been through the washing machine.Note to self must check overall pockets before throwing them in the wash.

• 2 weeks later...