Mmmmm? Refugee jumping the queue?

bruno22rf

The Ukrainian refugees didn't arrive illegally in the UK via boats across the Channel, they were invited and welcomed with open arms and under relocation schemes by the UK government and citizens.

Surely as part of that process, we can allow them to register for healthcare without resorting to derogatory accusations of queue-jumping.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12 hours ago, henry d said:

Are you inferring that they all sit on their backsides and just take from the system?

28 days after getting refugee status all benefits including housing stop, you have that length of time to get housing, a NI number and a job or benefits. After that amount of time on £40ish a week (on a card I believe) are you going to be able to support yourself by waiting 28 days for the gravy train? No, I believe you will be doing your best to get into the job market, somewhere to live and as a consequence paying back into the system. 

Henry, Henry, It's surely a question of numbers as well?

There are also two job markets, the black one thriving at the expense of the other?

It's also astounding to me that anything is so freely given away to many who have never contributed a penny at the expense of the pensioners who have contributed for 50 years? Most coming here now are not genuine refugees but migrants with their own agenda in mind?

Again a hidden back story as to why this is allowed to continue?

8 minutes ago, Mickeydredd said:

Surely as part of that process, we can allow them to register for healthcare without resorting to derogatory accusations of queue-jumping.

They are entitled to register - like we all are - but they should not be given preferential treatment because of their status. This is what the OP is on about I believe.

Them taking on the refugees will push other people who have been on the waiting list further back and having to wait longer again.

Theses are not fake refugees pretending to be in bad situations so they can be economic migrants. 

These are women and children genuinely fleeing a war torn country that’s in absolute chaos. 

They have entered the U.K. under a legitimate relocation scheme welcomed by the Government and (the majority) of U.K. citizens. 

I can’t imagine begrudging these people medical care … 

The real issue is that the NHS / Dental system is under funded and under resourced for the level of expectation of the population. 

We all pay in through national insurance, but as we can clearly see from the results, the NHS is not meeting demand. 

As we can see here, people here expect a top class service but the current system clearly isn’t working for that. 

People either need to reduce their expectation or we need to entirely re-do the system (privatisation?). 

I bet you that the vast majority of people who complain they’ve ‘paid in all their lives’ haven’t paid in anywhere near as much as they’ve had back. 

Blaming Ukrainian refugees for the social issues in this country is abhorrent. 

The issues and delays with the NHS and dental care has been going on for years, long before Ukrainian refugees and the wider ‘refugee crisis’. 

1 minute ago, Bigbob said:

You know i ment our dental and doctors are better than some 3rd world care 

Just joking Bob. 

Sadly this thread seems to have turned into bashing all migrants (illegal economic migrants giving a bad view). 

It was originally about Ukrainian legitimate migrants. 

FYI there’s a very high standard of medicine in many European countries. Our services really aren’t all that compared to lots of places sadly. 

We will be fine i stay in central scotland be a long time before any imigrants reach here but it must be worrying for people more so old age pensioners living on the south coast . Try Ditchy he might take a couple i sure he only got knocked back for a ukraine house keeper as he was too specific about her measurements ?.

10 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

We will be fine i stay in central scotland be a long time before any imigrants reach here but it must be worrying for people more so old age pensioners living on the south coast . Try Ditchy he might take a couple i sure he only got knocked back for a ukraine house keeper as he was too specific about her measurements ?.

Not according to Nicolas speech yesterday. Scotland is open for everyone.

15 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

I saw on the news that one bloke liked his Ukrainian refugee so much, he kicked his wife out and married the refugee. 

🤣🤣 

1 minute ago, Rem260 said:

Not according to Nicolas speech yesterday. Scotland is open for everyone.

Aye and i believe every word she says i hang on with baited breath every speak she makes , there was a programme on the tv about the last lot of imigrants Scotland go they ended up in the isles Stornaway i think bet that was a wake up call for them coming from a warm climate to Sunny Scotland 

1 minute ago, Lloyd90 said:

I saw on the news that one bloke liked his Ukrainian refugee so much, he kicked his wife out and married the refugee. 

🤣🤣 

Was that not the Jermey Kyle show LOL 

7 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

Aye and i believe every word she says i hang on with baited breath every speak she makes , there was a programme on the tv about the last lot of imigrants Scotland go they ended up in the isles Stornaway i think bet that was a wake up call for them coming from a warm climate to Sunny Scotland 

Was that not the Jermey Kyle show LOL 

I believe she is following the Labour tactic of welcoming all immigrants. As they will then vote for you and your policies as a sign of gratitude. 

Edited by Rem260

1 hour ago, clangerman said:

Que jumping by anyone should be publicised no accusation here the op was present there is no gain for him in lying 

But is it not being labelled queue-jumping because the receptionist or manager were not aware of the individuals' status when they enquired?

If the woman had stated at the start they were Ukrainian refugees and needed to register then the offer would most likely have been made right away as presumably that would be part of the charitable offer to accomodate them as refugees in the country.

Henry. I can't claim £40 a bloody month. 

Neither can I as I am on a pension and I presume you have some form of income too? Would you prefer that they get their money from the black economy?

No idea what you see on your ROSE garden but I see a completely different story . 

I enquired about what benefits are available, not personally for me but for staff i manage. Using my details as reference and IF i was unemployed my basic claim allowance was less than £40 a month. 

And for the record i had not mentioned anything about Ukraine anywhere in my posts. 

We keep on offering free hand outs to everyone and all that appears on our shores, what we are doing is saving the world of free grabbers at the cost of our own social standing.

There only so much in the pot.  

7 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

Just joking Bob. 

Sadly this thread seems to have turned into bashing all migrants (illegal economic migrants giving a bad view). 

It was originally about Ukrainian legitimate migrants. 

FYI there’s a very high standard of medicine in many European countries. Our services really aren’t all that compared to lots of places sadly. 

I reckon that's a lot down to our geography. Many have not traveled much and feel insecure, as a result they struggle to deal with change. Others have let the idea of living on an island with its apparent borders create a narrow view of reality. I am sure many when faced with the reality of an individual would feel different.

1 hour ago, oowee said:

I reckon that's a lot down to our geography. Many have not traveled much and feel insecure, as a result they struggle to deal with change. Others have let the idea of living on an island with its apparent borders create a narrow view of reality. I am sure many when faced with the reality of an individual would feel different.

Good Post. 

Its not surprising people are getting fed up with this countrys generosity being abused by streams of economic migrants. 

But I believe we need to remember that genuine refugees have come from desperate life and death situations, anything we can do to assist until they can return to their home counties once/if safe is fine by me.