Well, I am all excited...

Walker570

1 hour ago, team tractor said:

It’s a tidy car nev . When you visited I noticed loads of ground clearance , more than my terios infact and I’ve only ground out twice ever 😂
I recommend not using your local green Lane tho with that immaculate paint work . 

The paint on cars today is rubbish, the water based acrylic top coat marks so easily, even leaves scratch it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, old'un said:

The paint on cars today is rubbish, the water based acrylic top coat marks so easily, even leaves scratch it.

Base coat and 2K lacquer that can be polished easily surely? 

That's what I used tarting up a recently acquired X-Trail project car yesterday. :)

DSCF2286.JPG

Edited by Dave-G

4 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Base coat and 2K lacquer that can be polished easily surely? 

That's what I used tarting up a recently acquired X-Trail project car yesterday. 

don't know, but the paint on my present car (jeep) scratches if you rub along it with a tweed coat on, if when driving down narrow tracks fine branches and leaves come into contact with the paintwork it leaves very visible fine scratches, admittedly these polish out but these water based paints dont seem as good as the old solvent based paints.

2 hours ago, London Best said:

Even green paint on a brick would improve that!

You haven't seen the rest of it........sorely abused cutting up all the lovely back lanes in our area.

I'm in heaven.............................  second mpg check revealed 49.2mpg.  Again various driving including first gear stuff aroiynd the wood and farm.  At this rate I might have enough cash left over to buy another days shooting in January.

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

You haven't seen the rest of it........sorely abused cutting up all the lovely back lanes in our area.

I'm in heaven.............................  second mpg check revealed 49.2mpg.  Again various driving including first gear stuff aroiynd the wood and farm.  At this rate I might have enough cash left over to buy another days shooting in January.

I told you you would like a Duster.

4 hours ago, London Best said:

Even green paint on a brick would improve that!

😂😂😂😂😂

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

😂 it’s complete tho ( almost ) 

I wish I had that mpg . That’s brilliant nev . 

On 17/10/2022 at 15:30, sandspider said:

Computer fuel guages often read high - the one in my Skoda 2 or 3mpg more than reality, as measured tank full to tank full. Sounds good though, I'd consider one as a Jimny substitute.

Yes, I appreciate that the on board computer may not be super accurate but it is much more pleasing than 10-12 mpg I had with the Landie  BUT  I will miss driving that old beast.  2nd gear take offs at the lights often left boy racers scrabbling for revs.  I will accept the more stateley run through the six gears.  One very good thing about the Duster is the VERY good turning circle. So good you have to be careful you don't drag  the rear end into whatever your going around. 

16 days various journeys across farm land through woods and around country lanes with a brief circuit of the golf course and a couple of short 65mph runs down a dual carriageway at 65mph and the average of three checks was 49.6mpg.  I can live with that and the little gizmo I made to level up the nearside window glass to shoot off worked very well this morning according to Mrs Squirrel (deceased).  Also eventually getting used to the gearbox.

Edited by Walker570

Well this afternoon we had a cloud burst and an hour of serious rain.  I drove down into our wood to sort a tree rat in a live catch cage and coming back there is a slight incline up into the orchard , not super steep but seriously greasy after a rain fall so I deliberately stopped at the bottom, well to be honest the car started to spin the front wheels so I thought  a good chance to see if this 4x4 system works. I turned the knob to Auto and gently eased the power on and the car just sailed up the slope with not the slightest wheel spin. Now this is a slope even the Landy used to spin a wheel on, so I was impressed. Another box ticked and the little mpg button said 50.4mpg.  A good day because I also sold the Landy.

Plenty of room once I have managed to bend the old legs enough to get them under the steering wheel. Worked it out now, I slide my left foot /toe under the pedals and then everyhting else slides in no problem. The seats are semi bucket and the seating position is nice and high giving a good all round view and very snug. I purchased some covers for the fronts to keep them clean.  So far so good and the boot area is wide enough to take a sleaved rifle crossways.