Slow Forum, what's going on?

TIGHTCHOKE

What we need is to make the forum ‘closed’ to anyone who isn’t registered and logged on. 
Then, stipulate via a software tweak that in order to read any thread that you must post once a month- maybe a single post in the joke section?

That way, it may encourage more contributions and being a ‘closed’ forum, give less to the anti’s and more chance for us to take the Mickey out of Ditchie and his lover, Mel. 

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

What we need is to make the forum ‘closed’ to anyone who isn’t registered and logged on. 
Then, stipulate via a software tweak that in order to read any thread that you must post once a month- maybe a single post in the joke section?

That way, it may encourage more contributions and being a ‘closed’ forum, give less to the anti’s and more chance for us to take the Mickey out of Ditchie and his lover, Mel. 

Sorry, don't agree with a closed forum, why should we hide what we do.

2 minutes ago, old'un said:

Sorry, don't agree with a closed forum, why should we hide what we do.

Because it’s a dying forum and we need to encourage contributors. 

As for hiding our activities. Whilst I obviously have no qualms over them, we’re not seen in the same light and this forum has been ‘quoted’ to its disadvantage, in the past. 

44 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Because it’s a dying forum and we need to encourage contributors. 

As for hiding our activities. Whilst I obviously have no qualms over them, we’re not seen in the same light and this forum has been ‘quoted’ to its disadvantage, in the past. 

dyeing forum, perhaps we are a dyeing breed.

we do what we do, trying to hide the fact will not discourage the antis, as far as being quoted on other platforms, that will still happen, open or hidden.

Question, do you think posting pictures of the animals we kill is a good idea? As a shooter I have no problems with them.

1 hour ago, Jaymo said:

What i dont agree with is the Other Sales thread, people with 1 or 2 posts flogging gear, just sign up to flog gear quickly. Others forums i browse stipulate that you need 100 posts before you can buy or sell.

Talking of a dyeing breed, when I was shooting in my teens, late 60s, I did not give any thought to not being accepted by the general public in what I did, into the 70s and my early 20s, still happy with talking openly about what I did and found most were interested and asked questions about how I went about it and how I prepared and cooked what I had shot, into the 80s and my 30s, starting to get the odd disagreement, mainly from people younger than me, but I was still happy that shooting was still strong and generally accepted by the general public, now into the 90s, a lot more disapproval from younger people, asking why I needed to kill animals, got into a few heated debates with some of them, started to see more aggressive actions from the antis, I removed my BASC sticker from the rear window of my car after a number cars were targeted and damaged.

As we went through the 1990s and into 2000, fox hunting banned 2004, animal rights/antis became more vocal, the advent of social media gave them a platform to millions.

I have became very careful of hiding the fact that I have guns and kill animals to people I don't know.

As we all know, shooting is under even more pressure today than its ever been, dyeing breed, maybe?

I understand where you’re coming from @billytheghillie but it can be a slow process to get that number of posts, for example someone might try to build a post count by starting a thread like, “can my gun take steel?” To be told to, “use the search function” or comments of, “this has been done to death”.

9 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

I understand where you’re coming from @billytheghillie but it can be a slow process to get that number of posts, for example someone might try to build a post count by starting a thread like, “can my gun take steel?” To be told to, “use the search function” or comments of, “this has been done to death”.

Or the one I hate. "Sorry cant help but someone will come along who can"

2 hours ago, Ttfjlc said:

Yes its a tough one, but they could start with slating Ditchy, they wouldnt be long in racking up a 100 posts 😁

2 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Yes its a tough one, but they could start with slating Ditchy, they wouldnt be long in racking up a 100 posts 😁

quicker still, a thread with the title, 'anyone understand how ditchy's mind works?' should send the forum into meltdown :lol:

39 minutes ago, Ttfjlc said:

quicker still, a thread with the title, 'anyone understand how ditchy's mind works?' should send the forum into meltdown 

i could do invites.................

"a walk around ditchies brain.............a lesson in enlightenment and fuffillment for the xmas season............."

that shud pump the numbers up.........i offered the same to elon musk.........but he declined saying "he was ***** up enough already "..:lol:

9 hours ago, Jaymo said:

Oh, have you been superseded?   :cool1:

7 hours ago, old'un said:

Talking of a dyeing breed, when I was shooting in my teens, late 60s, I did not give any thought to not being accepted by the general public in what I did, into the 70s and my early 20s, still happy with talking openly about what I did and found most were interested and asked questions about how I went about it and how I prepared and cooked what I had shot, into the 80s and my 30s, starting to get the odd disagreement, mainly from people younger than me, but I was still happy that shooting was still strong and generally accepted by the general public, now into the 90s, a lot more disapproval from younger people, asking why I needed to kill animals, got into a few heated debates with some of them, started to see more aggressive actions from the antis, I removed my BASC sticker from the rear window of my car after a number cars were targeted and damaged.

As we went through the 1990s and into 2000, fox hunting banned 2004, animal rights/antis became more vocal, the advent of social media gave them a platform to millions.

I have became very careful of hiding the fact that I have guns and kill animals to people I don't know.

As we all know, shooting is under even more pressure today than its ever been, dyeing breed, maybe?

I don’t post dead stuff for that reason now. To many antis .

The gun shop I use recons it’s gun after gun surrendered. People are giving up as it’s hassle.

my mate lost his fac over a land query and they never hesitated. Gone . I know it’s a condition but they were on the ball.

2 hours ago, Boybrit said:

Perhaps over sensitive censoring is causing the disinterest.

There are rules on the forum, breaking them will get your post removed, apart from that there is not much censoring.
If members want more posts then it is up to them to make those posts.

6 hours ago, ditchman said:

he is no longer an image i would care to dwell upon............

I’ve been left with more  ‘emotional damage’ from these comments than a Charity boss at a Royal event. 
Have hardly slept because of this!

I’m taking my plight to the Daily Mail and suing the lot of ya!!!!!

Mod’s, ban the lot of them 😢😢😢

3 hours ago, Jaymo said:

I’ve been left with more  ‘emotional damage’ from these comments than a Charity boss at a Royal event. 
Have hardly slept because of this!

I’m taking my plight to the Daily Mail and suing the lot of ya!!!!!

Mod’s, ban the lot of them 😢😢😢

Is that because you had adopted the Norfolk style of dress and Ditchie, noticing your weird accent, had asked where you are really from?