High seat rush

team tractor

I was out bunny bashing a few nights back on a bit of ground I never use . We spotted 7 Muntys out in one field 😁
I told the farmer in the morning and boom he’s asked me to get rid of them 😎.

being on a budget I thought I’d rob a few bits in the yard and boom . 

BCAB7202-1748-4E6E-B0FC-B8C6F2A2D6B1.jpeg

It still needs a little work and transporting to the farm /woods , painting green but I’m happy for 3 hours 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Take it apart and move it in kit form!    

It’s nailed 😂

1 minute ago, Morkin said:

Look good boi👍, can't you stick it on the terrios roof and get someone to sit on it telling you if you're going to miss the trees🚧😎👍👍👍

Only 8 miles to get there 😂. I’ve measured it and it’s the length and width of the car 😎

Give me a call. If your motor has a tow hitch you can borrow my small trailer.  Can I suggest you make the front rail swing out so you can easily get up and turn around, then swing it back and lock it in position. I have a lean to tree leaner which does just that and makes life much easier.

NOW   DON'T GO FALLING OUT OF THE ##################  THING.

56 minutes ago, oowee said:

Awesome. Put something like blocks under the legs to stop the rot. I would have the rifle rest on a hinge if it were mine. Make getting up and down a bit easier. Also helpful when the walk below so you can get a shooting angle. 

Top idea 👍

1 hour ago, 7daysinaweek said:

TT

Looks like it will also double up as a clothes horse for a Verrryyy tall person. :lol:

Great job and hope it sees some use on the munts. 👍

🤣🤣🤣😂😂

2 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Give me a call. If your motor has a tow hitch you can borrow my small trailer.  Can I suggest you make the front rail swing out so you can easily get up and turn around, then swing it back and lock it in position. I have a lean to tree leaner which does just that and makes life much easier.

NOW   DON'T GO FALLING OUT OF THE ##################  THING.

I’ll try not to Nev 😆. I’ve measured it to fit on the roof rails I hope now 👍😎

3 hours ago, 243deer said:

Looks like you need to be a bit of a contortionist to me, have you tried climbing up it with 3 layers on for a cold session?

I’ve climbed up it a few times 👍. It’s kind of ok but it’s only a mk1 😂

3 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Fit wheels and tow the bloody thing!    :rolleyes:

😂😂😂 hopefully I’ll know tomorrow 

4 hours ago, Dougy said:

With a bit of forward thinking you could have used coach bolts in the cross beams so it folds flat. 👍

And if you can get your hands on some scaffolding poles wack some meter lengths at each corner and bolt through to the high seat legs. 

It’s Bolted in the middle but it’s too heavy dude so I’ve stripped some of it . The seat etc was only screwed temporarily. The rest is nailed tho 😃

7 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I have some 3/4 solid bar in 25-30 inch lengths. I could drill one end for you and then four of those driven in as Diugy says, they only need tp pin each corner down stop it tippling over in the wind or worse still whilst your up there.

I was thinking of TT on the seat and fidgeting about and unbalanced the seat. We need to look after him. 👍🤣

11 hours ago, Dougy said:
59 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I have some 3/4 solid bar in 25-30 inch lengths. 

And if you can get your hands on some scaffolding poles wack some meter lengths at each corner and bolt through to the high seat legs. 

Hollow scaffold pole ought to be lighter, length by length, than 3/4 solid bar

Suggestion for the rifle rest, if you have or know someone with a pipe bender you could make one out of ¾” copper pipe, when bent into a wide U shape flatten the ends, drill a ¼” hole, screw to the back rest uprights so it will lift up and drop back down onto the two front uprights (where you have the wooden rest attached to) screw a couple of wooden blocks to these uprights to stop it falling if needed.

The U shape will also allow you to take shots from your right and left, if safe to-do so.

The scaffold idea is good as it will also stop the legs sinking into soft ground and falling over.

Edited by old'un

well................im a big fan of team tractor.....he has forgotton more than i will ever know about woodwork.................but im going to be truthful now................

that seat looks a bit dodgy to me.....like an accident waiting for a happening...and we all know that team tractor is an accident magnet :lol:

12 minutes ago, ditchman said:

well................im a big fan of team tractor.....he has forgotton more than i will ever know about woodwork.................but im going to be truthful now................

that seat looks a bit dodgy to me.....like an accident waiting for a happening...and we all know that team tractor is an accident magnet 

What, using it or transporting it, or perhaps both? :) Defiantly needs securing with something like the scaffold pole idea or the legs set on slabs to stop it sinking into the ground whilst he's up top.

1 hour ago, old'un said:

What, using it or transporting it, or perhaps both? Defiantly needs securing with something like the scaffold pole idea or the legs set on slabs to stop it sinking into the ground whilst he's up top.

it just looks .......errrr shall we say ...."rickerty":w00t: