Sniper pigeon magnet ( The Big G)

Maccarjm

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

Exactly the same as the gadjet you all ready have , Pulling power on the RIGHT day .

^^this

makes me smile when I see all the gadgets people are prepared to carry across a muddy field in the winter, when I first started it was a few dead birds with a couple on a home made cradles with outstretched wings, all things work on the right day.

that magnet looks like it weighs a fair bit, think I’ll leave that one for the youngsters. :)

1 hour ago, old'un said:

^^this

makes me smile when I see all the gadgets people are prepared to carry across a muddy field in the winter, when I first started it was a few dead birds with a couple on a home made cradles with outstretched wings, all things work on the right day.

that magnet looks like it weighs a fair bit, think I’ll leave that one for the youngsters. :)

A good salesman can be the main pulling power when it comes to selling the product , I have got an old d v d from Shooting Warehouse ? , or something similar where they fit four arms with a cog on the top so the Pigeons not only go round and round they also go up and down at the same time .

The set up was on a rape field and was way back in time when the quantity wasn't as great as it is in this day and age , it show pigeons were coming in left right and centre and whoever was shooting was cutting quite a few down , the dead were left where they fell and several Pigeons were going to the ones that laid on the deck as well as being attracted to the magnet , no doubt everyone had to have one of those , well I say everyone but I never bought one and in all my time I have never seen one used .

2 hours ago, old'un said:

^^this

that magnet looks like it weighs a fair bit, think I’ll leave that one for the youngsters.

I must admit that I do own and use (occasionally) a lightweight magnet but am a firm believer that a lot of the gadgets on offer attract more pigeon shooters than they do pigeons:whistling:.

However, I do admire the ingenuity of the likes of Nick Tait and others in coming up with these contraptions and if they manage to sell them, so well and good. 

OB

1 hour ago, Maccarjm said:

£300 for the basic model.

£425 for the upgraded one ( longer arms, different timers etc)

So you will have to remortgage if you want one 

Hello, I suppose there is a lot of work going to make them for a small profit, what's that, 1000 cartridges ? , Only used 50 all last year 🤔

I would settle for something that has the basics right. Ability to be hammered into hard ground. Proper wiring connectors that don't continually fall apart. Arms that hold the pigeons in the desired position rather than dropping down under their own weight. Some facility to hold it all together when being transported. Wing nuts that don't break off when you use them. 

3 hours ago, oowee said:

I would settle for something that has the basics right. Ability to be hammered into hard ground. Proper wiring connectors that don't continually fall apart. Arms that hold the pigeons in the desired position rather than dropping down under their own weight. Some facility to hold it all together when being transported. Wing nuts that don't break off when you use them. 

It would never surprise me that the day might come where W / J and company put the cybosh on using all these mecanical devises and we have to revert back to basics . 

My original pigeon magnet that I’ve had for 25 plus years which I still use today has the ability to flap the wings via a central cam and Bowden cables. It took ages to set up and made no difference as the birds flared when they approached the magnet. The incoming birds are cautious of lifting birds.

The same effect can be achieved with a battery mounted between the two angled arms and two FF6s