Are the BBC just trolling us.

Rem260

Should not be given any opportunities to tell anything at all by any means, in any shape or form.

She took the decision to go. No one forced her.

Cannot believe any journalist or broadcaster gives her the time of day.

We are NOT GREAT BRITAIN any more, more like STUPID BRITAIN.

46 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

What for ??? Or are you showing your naivety again if you think they listen to complaints with out any form of prejudice.

Well you asked the question ‘Are the BBC just trolling us?’
I just wondered if you’d asked them? If it’s a genuine complaint then ask them. We’ll never know unless you ask them will we? 🙂
What previous naivety are you referring to? 

12 minutes ago, Scully said:

Well you asked the question ‘Are the BBC just trolling us?’
I just wondered if you’d asked them? If it’s a genuine complaint then ask them. We’ll never know unless you ask them will we? 🙂
What previous naivety are you referring to? 

With 27k + posts you can take your pick.

Edited by Rem260

1 hour ago, old man said:

They have never listened to any of my previous complaints, just reply with mindless trash.

Same here. I complained during lockdown about sending reporters to stand outside places, buildings, supermarkets, hospitals, Downing Street and advising people to stay at home

17 minutes ago, Diver One said:

Same here. I complained during lockdown about sending reporters to stand outside places, buildings, supermarkets, hospitals, Downing Street and advising people to stay at home

Some of mine have been about the behaviour of their star darling kiws.

Back to the original post, we all know she will be sponsored to return, don't we?

Edited by old man

46 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

With 27k + posts you can take your pick.

I can say with a high degree of certainty, that Scully is anything but naive :lol:

The accusation is completely unfounded.

Now if you had said he was an ultra far right , Farage worshipping , xenophobic person, at least henry d would have agreed with you😜

4 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

Scully. I have to eat humble pie and admit that I got you confused with someone else with a similar avatar. So please accept my apology. 

🙂 Don’t worry about it, no problem at all. But thankyou anyhow. 
My initial response to your initial post was a genuine question, and not meant as sarcasm, but I realise context is difficult in type. 
I’ve had little luck with getting a reply in the past; their method for accepting complaints is unnecessarily convoluted and responses slow. 

21 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I can say with a high degree of certainty, that Scully is anything but naive :lol:

The accusation is completely unfounded.

Now if you had said he was an ultra far right , Farage worshipping , xenophobic person, at least henry d would have agreed with you😜

🙂I wasn’t even aware I’d made that many posts….I really must get a life! 

10 minutes ago, Scully said:

🙂 Don’t worry about it, no problem at all. But thankyou anyhow. 
My initial response to your initial post was a genuine question, and not meant as sarcasm, but I realise context is difficult in type. 
I’ve had little luck with getting a reply in the past; their method for accepting complaints is unnecessarily convoluted and responses slow

🙂I wasn’t even aware I’d made that many posts….I really must get a life! 

Cheers Scully. I have contacted the BBC twice and got the same response. They have their agenda and know that you can not withhold the license fee in protest if you want watch other channels/media providers.

Edited by Rem260

22 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

Cheers Scully. I have contacted the BBC twice and got the same response. They have their agenda and know that you can not withhold the license fee in protest if you want watch other channels/media providers.

🙂 You get a pretty rapid response when they believe you need a licence and haven’t got one! Been on the receiving end of that one! 👍

Prediction: Begum is coming back here, as the way the government withdrew her nationality will not stand up in court.  I would not-so-humbly suggest those whom the very mention of the name Begum boils their wee, come to peace with the fact she will be back here, seeking the 'sleb lifestyle and having her living costs met by the taxpayer.

20 hours ago, Scully said:

You get a pretty rapid response when they believe you need a licence and haven’t got one!

I think I might post fortnightly on here that the best response to the BBC is not to pay the licence fee.  You only need one if you watch live TV as it's broadcast and/or use iPlayer.  In 2023, you really don't need it.  Streaming & catch up services start at £0/month with ads...

38 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

I think I might post fortnightly on here that the best response to the BBC is not to pay the licence fee.  You only need one if you watch live TV as it's broadcast and/or use iPlayer.  In 2023, you really don't need it.  Streaming & catch up services start at £0/month with ads...

Correct. I didn’t have a license at the time as had just split from other half and moved out. I didn’t even have a tv. They were relentless up to the point where I expressed my indifference to them threatening to send round someone for a visit! 🙂 All went quiet after that with the exception that they would be ‘reviewing’ at a later date. 

The only reason we have one now is that my OH insists on it; we do watch quite a bit in iplayer admittedly. 
Edited to add: I completely agree Begem is coming back; it was never in doubt in my opinion. 

Edited by Scully

2 hours ago, Scully said:

They were relentless up to the point where I expressed my indifference to them threatening to send round someone for a visit!

I’ve lived in my current house for a year & I get a monthly threatening letter.

One can fill out a form online informing them you don’t need a licence - a ridiculous concept to my mind - but by all accounts they don’t believe you anyway & schedule you in for a visit regardless. So I haven’t bothered.

16 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

One can fill out a form online informing them you don’t need a licence - a ridiculous concept to my mind - but by all accounts they don’t believe you anyway & schedule you in for a visit regardless. So I haven’t bothered.

Yes, it’s a pointless exercise. They constantly ‘review’ addresses ( although I have no idea what this consists of ) and as you say, issue regular ‘reminders’. 

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

You can safely ignore them.

I've not watched or even owned a television for more than ten years, regular threating letters and cards through the door, all ignored and binned.

Nothing has ever happened and I'm sure it never will.

15 hours ago, Wymondley said:

Nothing has ever happened and I'm sure it never will.

I've been licence free for 5 years, and did once have a visit at my previous house which was in suburbia in Bristol.  However, despite me working from home that day, he neither knocked nor rang the doorbell, just left a "calling card".  I was looking forward to firmly but politely closing the door in his face.

15 hours ago, Wymondley said:

I've not watched or even owned a television for more than ten years,

Worth repeating in case anyone isn't aware, you need a licence for the act of watching (or recording) live TV as it's broadcast (or using Iplayer), per household, not because you own a television. 

Otherwise, anyone in possession of any device that connects to the internet (tablet, smart phone or whatever) would require a licence.

I own a television, unconnected to the various antennae (badly installed) by the previous owner of the house.

Edited by udderlyoffroad