Name change CTSA from CPSA

sishyplops

4 hours ago, Les53 said:

Well Phil, I reckon we’ve both heard all this for so long now. So they are not pigeons and not even made of clay. Total re think on a name I reckon. 😂

We have already seen the words 'Kill and Lost'  being changed to 'Hit and Miss', it was one of the big International Competitions where I first heard it. I suppose it makes sense really, there will be a lot of people like me, where Clay whatever shooting has ALWAYS been "HIT AND MISS "  !     🤣

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 hours ago, Westley said:

We have already seen the words 'Kill and Lost'  being changed to 'Hit and Miss', it was one of the big International Competitions where I first heard it. I suppose it makes sense really, there will be a lot of people like me, where Clay whatever shooting has ALWAYS been "HIT AND MISS "  !     🤣

To be fair you're missing the third type....

*sucks air through teeth* oooo you only just clipped//chipped it 

(which you can only reply with)

A kill is a kill // a hit is a hit

On 09/02/2023 at 19:21, Westley said:

Yeah Wes, same here mate. 

Name to remain CPSA according to today's newsletter.

Makes sense to me. Changing the name would have cost an extraordinary amount of money at a time where it could be better spent supporting the development of the sport, developing up and coming grounds and ensuring that we still have an affordable and enjoyable sport in 10 years time.

Not one single **** would be given to a name change by anyone of the mentality to oppose the sport because the alludes to a past of live pigeon shooting. Same goes for potantial advertisers etc.

The best thing CPSA and other associations could do right now is to work with a manufacturer like Empire Cartridges (or other small UK owned and run) and do whatever they can to help increase their output and decrease costs.

Very few people will still be shooting clays recreationally in 10 years time if the cheapest cartridges available are over £400 a thousand. Gamebore, Hull, Eley etc are taking us for a ride and it's about time someone filled the gap to provide a cheap and cost effective alternative that those thousands of weekend club shooters can use and not have to forgo the months mortgage to afford.

An investment into a small UK manufacturer to provide them with the facility to produce cases, shot, wads and prehaps even powder in the UK would go a lot further toward securing the sport than a rebrand to remove the word pigeon from the name of the sports central association.

From the CPSA;

Please see below statement from CPSA CEO Iain Parker in response to the recent name change survey:

"Dear CPSA Members

I’d like to thank all of our members who took the time to respond to our recent survey regarding changing our Associations name to Clay Target Shooting Association or CTSA.

This was a straw poll survey to gauge the strength of feeling to a potential change in the future and from the responses received, the majority (over 51%) were in favour of making the change now. Listening to our members is very important to us and the comments received both for and against showed the strength of feeling amongst the membership on this key topic.

Our Articles of Association are quite clear when it comes to a special resolution for a significant decision such as this, that it requires a 75% majority to pass. So, considering the result of the straw poll was almost 50/50, perhaps the time is not right at the moment to push this important decision to a formal resolution vote by the members.

Thank you."

Iain Parker

CEO