Deluded Westminster

ditchman

Just sitting here open mouthed............Lizz Truss (remember her ?)...........is being supported in making a comeback...............im speechless

words like 

• deluded
  • out of touch
  • out of her mind
  • out to lunch
  • arrogant

just really sums up the conservertive party...............its all about them ..not the people.............god what a shower of ****....the bloody lot of them

I think the title says it all "Westminster" (and City Hall).

It applies to all of them and isn't really 'party political' - though Truss is a beacon of delusion;

• Truss and Co - cutting taxes when we have huge debt to repay and rising interest rates. 
  • Starmer, Abbott, Rayner & Co - unable to say who is male and who is female, and wanting to encourage immigration etc.
  • Kahn & Co - taxing those who can't afford fancy new electric cars with huge increase in "Low Emission Area"
  • Ed Davey and Co, Caroline Lucas, Sturgeon's mob (I can't even recall who leads in Westminster after Blackford stood down) all have their own madcap ideas ......

In my view part of the problem is that so many in the 'Political Elite' have never done a real job and eared an honest living.  They have enjoyed a path via 'political research', trades unions posts, into politics via our multi levelled political ladder.  Some 'families' have in effect been political 'dynasties' with several generations of politicians (and no one earning a worked for living) - a few that spring to mind (on both sides), Churchill, Benns (formerly Viscounts Stangate, then Wedgewood-Benns, now just Benn), Milliband, Kinnock and those are just from my memory.

4 hours ago, ditchman said:

Just sitting here open mouthed............Lizz Truss (remember her ?)...........is being supported in making a comeback...............im speechless

words like 

• deluded
  • out of touch
  • out of her mind
  • out to lunch
  • arrogant

just really sums up the conservertive party...............its all about them ..not the people.............god what a shower of ****....the bloody lot of them

That sir is being unkind to good honest ****?

1 hour ago, Applepress said:

That last paragraph could be said of all the parties, you can see why people don't bother voting. I do, but wonder why sometimes.

so right.............i must admit i feel the same.....................its totally pointless

7 hours ago, ditchman said:

words like 

• deluded
  • out of touch
  • out of her mind
  • out to lunch
  • arrogant

Hello, going back to  COVID times I thought the Tories would be better than labour , was that a mistake 🤔

22 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

I thought the Tories would be better than labour , was that a mistake

But we don't know Labour would have been better than the Tories.  If fact many (including me) suspect (from what they said during Covid) that they would have been MORE restrictive.

3 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

Some 'families' have in effect been political 'dynasties' with several generations of politicians (and no one earning a worked for living) - a few that spring to mind (on both sides), Churchill, Benns (formerly Viscounts Stangate, then Wedgewood-Benns, now just Benn), Milliband, Kinnock and those are just from my memory.

Yes. And FWIW a lot more than that. But you have the same in the British Army with families where son followed father into the forces and families of "hereditary doctors". The toad Douglas Hurd who banned self-loading rifles in 1988...his son is also a current MP. Lisa Nandy's grandfather was a Liberal MP in the post-1945 General Election. Not a lot of people know that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Byers

Edited by enfieldspares

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, going back to  COVID times I thought the Tories would be better than labour , was that a mistake 🤔

The scary thing is that I would say you wasn't mistaken as @JohnfromUK said above.

I have posted earlier that her policies should have been given a chance - Sentiment can go a long way and if people are feeling happier that can have a massive beneficial impact on the economy.

Pretty soon we are going to have the hike in Corporation Tax up to 25% - I bet that that will have an impact on inflation. Then you will get we need to raise taxes again or mortgages or both....

2 hours ago, discobob said:

The scary thing is that I would say you wasn't mistaken as @JohnfromUK said above.

I have posted earlier that her policies should have been given a chance - Sentiment can go a long way and if people are feeling happier that can have a massive beneficial impact on the economy.

Pretty soon we are going to have the hike in Corporation Tax up to 25% - I bet that that will have an impact on inflation. Then you will get we need to raise taxes again or mortgages or both....

Hello, I think your right, I've just shopped at Waitrose 🤔🙄, at least I got a free coffee 🤔👍, or not 😁

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

because they were wrong or incompetent. Quite the reverse in fact

but it was wrong - wrong for them - sod everyone else....

It would be interesting to see what Wishi's personal wealth has increased by over the years since 2020 - on a year by year breakdown. Jeremy Hunt is just a cockney saying for himself 

2 minutes ago, Vince Green said:

What Truss and Quartang tried to do was bang on right for getting the economy back on track. The fact that they were undermined by the Sunak supporters and the major financial institutions wasn't because they were wrong or incompetent. Quite the reverse in fact

They failed on the delivery of their plan, but their plan was the right direction - growth and getting the economy (and everyone in it) back to work.

There was no choice at the last election, people have short memories. Corbyn and Co in Covid and with the power of lockdown? Anyone admire New Zealand or Canada still for their handling of covid and their people? And then there’s Corbyn and Russia - the Salisbury poisonings he wanted to send the samples back to Russia to have them confirm if it was Russian Novichok. Bonkers. 

As ever, it’s going to be holding your nose at the ballet box and voting for the best of a bad bunch and for me that’s always going to be the party that is going to pick my pocket the least or put another way, leaves me to keep the money I went to work to go and earn.

25 minutes ago, discobob said:

@Mungler it is the new normal buddy - they all want more of your money for their proliferation. Isn't it lovely to be altruistic with money that doesn't belong to you and you don't have to answer for it....

Did I hear right on the radio - another pay rise for them

Yes it’s the lack of value for money in anything the government ever does or touches be that conservative or Labour. 

Unbelievable they’d give themselves a pay rise - I’d half the number of MPs and pay them twice as much, but it’s the failure to read the room - a pay rise, now?

3 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Yes it’s the lack of value for money in anything the government ever does or touches be that conservative or Labour. 

Unbelievable they’d give themselves a pay rise - I’d half the number of MPs and pay them twice as much, but it’s the failure to read the room - a pay rise, now?

Count yourself lucky - in Wales they are increasing the number of ***-embly "members" by 50% - where is the money coming from to pay for that - oh I - we have a C on our tax code now. Also, a big part comes from Council Tax which only supports the viewpoint that they are just a load of jumped up councilors...

Just now, discobob said:

Count yourself lucky - in Wales they are increasing the number of ***-embly "members" by 50% - where is the money coming from to pay for that - oh I - we have a C on our tax code now. Also, a big part comes from Council Tax which only supports the viewpoint that they are just a load of jumped up councilors...

I’ve been watching Wales and Scotland and hope that we can all see that devolution is the path to total madness.

Big state means big tax. Each government (and the Whitehall blob) encourage each generation to become more dependent on the state and less dependant on themselves. It’s all about growing the state and the machinery of governance. We really don’t need it and I don’t welcome some sort of soviet era ‘permission’ based system.