harrycatcat1

9 minutes ago, jeffgg said:

Where did you go 

https://www.oldehousepub.co.uk/

46 minutes ago, snow white said:

Steak mushy peas no no

Why?

4 minutes ago, billytheghillie said:

Think it was the primary school,, looking at the meagre size of that plate.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Before Christmas it was £10.99p 😳😳

5 minutes ago, JKD said:

Once again, a food serving that looks nothing like the image it's supposed to be 🙈😂 Mushy peas appear to be overcooked peas turned to pulp 😲 Cheap cut of meat instead of a proper cut,,,, sirloin ? ☹️

The meat was 😋😋😋😋😋 

3 hours ago, jeffgg said:

I will give that a miss. better off at the Toby carvery 

Can you get a steak and a pint of lager at Toby for 13 quid 🤔

On steak dinner myself tonight picked these up this morning from the local butcher two thick cut sirlions £10 I only went in for a packet of oatcakes for breakfast 😂

Triple cooked chips , grilled garlic mushroom & a homemade peppercorn sauce I think. Would add some onion rings but none in the local supermarkets 

20230224_112050.jpg

12 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

On steak dinner myself tonight picked these up this morning from the local butcher two thick cut sirlions £10 I only went in for a packet of oatcakes for breakfast 😂

Triple cooked chips , grilled garlic mushroom & a homemade peppercorn sauce I think. Would add some onion rings but none in the local supermarkets 

20230224_112050.jpg

Now they do look nice 😋😋😋😋

3 hours ago, yates said:

I'm with you 100%, noooo. Almost as bad as when I first went to wife's parents for Sunday lunch,  roast and veggies great but with mushy peas. They even have mushy peas with Christmas Dinner 😫 

You are all a bunch of fannies if you can't eat mushy peas with either a dinner or steak 😋 😉 😜 

17 minutes ago, Stephen-H said:

Forgot to take a picture of it all plated up to eager to get stuck into it but it was cooked just to my liking 

20230224_191607.jpg

Glad you enjoyed it , maybe cooked to your liking but not to mine , everything have to be well done with me and my wife and I even mention it at the fish shop when I am ordering my fish .

Who like steak , or any sort of meat cooked , rare , medium or well done ?

16 hours ago, Stephen-H said:

Curry night was pretty good in spoons if you know its going to be a cheap & cheerful attempt used to come in at £10 with a pint can't moan at those prices.

Some of them couldnt cook a steak if there life depended on it , but get one who can cook a steak and its a cheap good meal 

Its good that you enjoyed the steak, and it would seem good value with the pint as well. But I couldnt be doing with frozen chips👎

I find lidl steaks to be of pretty good quaility and value. Sometimes I just cook them up to our liking( more well done for the kids) and carve into thin slices and have them in an open sandwich ''ciabbata's'' with mushrooms ,onions, roasted red peppers and pepper sauce.

Other times I will pay that bit extra for the butchers dry aged steaks with the homemade garlic cubes, champ and pepper sauce. I make flavoured butters and the wild garlic season will soon be upon us, and I use some of that with added garlic and chillis for extra kick.

Screenshot_20230224-195919_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230224-195706_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230224-195700_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230224-195640_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230224-195621_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230224-195612_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20230224-195209_Gallery.jpg

Edited by SuperGoose75