Climate Change or Changing Climate

discobob

19 hours ago, LV98 said:

Also these increased are much more rapid than any others that have been measured in the past (using ice cores in the arctic to look at past atmospheric  composition)

Also these increased are much more rapid than any others that have been measured in the past (using ice cores in the arctic to look at past atmospheric  composition)

It might be worth having a look a this.

18 hours ago, Rewulf said:

allegedly 97 % of the world scientific community :hmm:say its DEFINITELY man made ?

It's interesting to see where that 97% came from 😉

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is no more or less carbon or oxygen on the planet than there ever has or will be until it dies, they are both finite and we cannot loose or gain them. It is estimate Co2 in the atmosphere is rising but, it has only been monitored since 1958 and I’m pretty sure the instruments used were not very accurate and even today measurements are and I quote “percentage errors range from -100% to +258%”

the more Co2 the faster plant life grows.

burning fossil fuels with billowing clouds of black smoke, can’t be great, but I’m pretty sure it’s less harmful than the manufacturer of battery’s for electric cars and the impact electric cars have on the environment.

many things have been mentioned, control, taxes, etc. etc. looking here will get you closer to the answer 

32 minutes ago, merseamal said:

There is no more or less carbon or oxygen on the planet than there ever has or will be until it dies, they are both finite and we cannot loose or gain them. It is estimate Co2 in the atmosphere is rising but, it has only been monitored since 1958 and I’m pretty sure the instruments used were not very accurate and even today measurements are and I quote “percentage errors range from -100% to +258%”

the more Co2 the faster plant life grows.

burning fossil fuels with billowing clouds of black smoke, can’t be great, but I’m pretty sure it’s less harmful than the manufacturer of battery’s for electric cars and the impact electric cars have on the environment.

many things have been mentioned, control, taxes, etc. etc. looking here will get you closer to the answer 

I agree with you that there is only a finite amount of carbon and oxygen on planet earth but the thing is O2 molecules don't absorb much, if any Infrared radiation  meaning they allow heat to be radiated away  from earth unhindered however CO2 has a different structure which causes strong absorption in the infrared region meaning it absorbs a portion of the heat radiating from earth, as you can see in the figure below.

4: Absorption spectra for major natural "greenhouse gases" (GHGs) in... |  Download Scientific Diagram

This means increasing CO2 levels in the atmosphere will cause an increase in temperature its simply a question of how much. Not only that, but from what I understand, increasing CO2 levels are causing other problems such as ocean acidification which damages ecosystems such as coral reefs.

Also, I would be interested to know where that uncertainty values came from in measurements. My understanding was that gas composition analysis is pretty precise with uncertainties of only a few percent.

9 hours ago, Penelope said:

It might be worth having a look a this.

It's interesting to see where that 97% came from 😉

Terry Waites twin brother

2 hours ago, LV98 said:

I agree with you that there is only a finite amount of carbon and oxygen on planet earth but the thing is O2 molecules don't absorb much, if any Infrared radiation  meaning they allow heat to be radiated away  from earth unhindered however CO2 has a different structure which causes strong absorption in the infrared region meaning it absorbs a portion of the heat radiating from earth, as you can see in the figure below.

4: Absorption spectra for major natural "greenhouse gases" (GHGs) in... |  Download Scientific Diagram

This means increasing CO2 levels in the atmosphere will cause an increase in temperature its simply a question of how much. Not only that, but from what I understand, increasing CO2 levels are causing other problems such as ocean acidification which damages ecosystems such as coral reefs.

Also, I would be interested to know where that uncertainty values came from in measurements. My understanding was that gas composition analysis is pretty precise with uncertainties of only a few percent.

There will have undoubtedly been times in the past with higher co2 levels. Volcanic periods in earth's past would have released far more earth warming gasses than man ever could. 

Is our activity raising temperatures and causing climate change on earth, I'd say almost certainly, but earth's temperatures and climate has always fluctuated anyway. The point is, the human race will either adapt and carry on and other animals will keep up evolving to the new environment, or die out, just as they always have.

The biggest threat to life on earth barring a planet ending natural disaster, is our out of control population and the best that can be done to control that, is to control migration. 

42 minutes ago, merseamal said:

I wouldn’t worry about climate change or population, it’ll be AI, and I mean artificial intelligence, not bird flu that will be the end of us (barring a natural disaster)

There is a viewpoint that some hold in that AI is already having an impact and is being used by the Powers That Be to come up with ways to "control" us. The main reason for this is that they don't believe that these malevolent globalist organisations can come up with everything that is happening all at once as it would need an extremely large workforce to manage it so they are leveraging AI to do it for them.

AI can be a great thing - but that is in world that is a perfect nirvana - it will be used against people - even if it is just down to taking all our jobs - the only people employed in a lot of industries will be like the joke I quote below

"Aeroplanes are so advanced nowadays that they only need a pilot and a dog to fly them."

"Why a Pilot and a Dog??"

"The pilot is there to feed the dog and the dog is there to bite the pilot if he tries to touch anything"

Anyway - I need to nip out now to buy some more bacofoil :)

11 minutes ago, discobob said:

There is a viewpoint that some hold in that AI is already having an impact and is being used by the Powers That Be to come up with ways to "control" us. The main reason for this is that they don't believe that these malevolent globalist organisations can come up with everything that is happening all at once as it would need an extremely large workforce to manage it so they are leveraging AI to do it for them.

AI can be a great thing - but that is in world that is a perfect nirvana - it will be used against people - even if it is just down to taking all our jobs - the only people employed in a lot of industries will be like the joke I quote below

"Aeroplanes are so advanced nowadays that they only need a pilot and a dog to fly them."

"Why a Pilot and a Dog??"

"The pilot is there to feed the dog and the dog is there to bite the pilot if he tries to touch anything"

Anyway - I need to nip out now to buy some more bacofoil :)

We all know our devices are listening to us, but I’m talking about true AI, which when it is created/stumbled across it will then instantly too late and impossible to switch it off!

2 minutes ago, merseamal said:

😂 yeah, because that will stop a global AI military system, heard of battery’s Bro?

Yeah, heard of batteries, they need charging from something, unless Skynets terminators come with solar panels and a wind turbine on their bonce? 

If we're stupid enough to build it, we deserve everything we get, but let's get back on topic 'Bro' 😂

1 hour ago, merseamal said:

I wouldn’t worry about climate change or population, it’ll be AI, and I mean artificial intelligence, not bird flu that will be the end of us (barring a natural disaster)

Terminator isn't such a ridiculously far fetched idea, now.

I'm going to friend request all the Sarah Connors I can find on Facebook, just in case.

6 hours ago, Rewulf said:

Yeah, heard of batteries, they need charging from something, unless Skynets terminators come with solar panels and a wind turbine on their bonce? 

If we're stupid enough to build it, we deserve everything we get, but let's get back on topic 'Bro' 😂

If we’re stupid enough? We/they’ve been trying to build it for years, trouble is they won’t know they’ve succeeded until it’s too late.

back on topic? What, the hidden mysteries of nature and science?

26 minutes ago, merseamal said:

If we’re stupid enough? We/they’ve been trying to build it for years, trouble is they won’t know they’ve succeeded until it’s too late.

They built enough nukes to kill everyone on earth and poison it for hundreds of years, all for land and ideology , of course were stupid enough :lol:

29 minutes ago, merseamal said:

Were talking Climate change , dont get your apron in a twist 😎

7 hours ago, merseamal said:

been reorted that they have found a way to generate electricity using just air with some sort of ammino acid injected  into the air .......................weird stuff ey

On 09/03/2023 at 20:38, LV98 said:

Not only that, but from what I understand, increasing CO2 levels are causing other problems such as ocean acidification which damages ecosystems such as coral reefs.

LOL....

You do realise that the more dissolved CO2, the greater the coral growth and marine shellfish growth shell growth due to greater and easier carbonation.

Ocean acidification is not caused by CO2.

Literally the fossil record demonstrates that higher dissolved CO2 leads to more and larger shellfish, corals etc. and is totally ignored by so called climate "scientists", just like global greening.

The so called "Ocean acidification" data for models comes from lab experiments with 100 times CO2 level naturally experienced pumped into non-buffered solutions, so not realistic or to scale.

So yes, CO2 can cause a solution to be more acidic but it is only possible in the lab where all other reactions are absent.

Bit like taking a census in a school and deciding natural number of adults is as recorded and using that data to work out a countries adult population percentage.