Tyre pump ???.

samboy

Hi gang.

I need a new plug in tyre pump. I have a Draper at the mo but it's old and slow. 

Any suggestions please ?. Just for my car tyres. £35 ish.

Thanks all.

Don't know if you have batteries (Dewalt/Makita/Red) but I got the RYOBI battery powered pump, I already had a BADAPTER for RYOBI for my 16 and 18 gauge nail guns - and Dewalt batteries for other tools

Cracking, portable and quick - dial is a bit small - just make sure you have your glasses on if you need them for reading...

I have a slightly older Ring - which looks exactly like the Sakura in the AutoExpress link above.  It is poor.  The 'programmable bit' worked unreliably for a period then gave up.  The pressure gauge (which was quite accurate) gave up soon afterwards.  It does still work in manual mode, but takes enough current to blow the cigar lighter fuse on some cars - (especially my Defender - where the fuses are not correctly labelled).  Not recommended.

I bought one from a scrappy that was in the boot of a Toyota to pump up after using that foam can emergency stuff. 

screw on valve connector with a long lead. Pressure gauge is a bit off but constant so I know it reads 2 psi over now. 

maybe worth a shot 

I would get. lithium battery, one that looks a bit like a cordless drill.

The Ferrex\workzone one I have had both battery option and ability to operate directly from 12v socket in the car, best of both worlds and importantly a trigger lock.

083968214105700-A.jpg

Edited by Stonepark

This is the one that I keep in the car and have used when I get an indication of a low tyre pressure and it does a good job, providing you don’t do as my neighbour did when he borrowed it and didn’t run his engine when using it and promptly flattened his battery.

I think it cost me about £20.

OB

9356094F-4372-4C57-8727-85EC760493CC.jpeg

7 hours ago, Stonepark said:

I would get. lithium battery, one that looks a bit like a cordless drill.

The Ferrex\workzone one I have had both battery option and ability to operate directly from 12v socket in the car, best of both worlds and importantly a trigger lock.

083968214105700-A.jpg

Similar to the one that we have that I said above - RYOBI - looks to have a bigger dial though on the workzone