Location question, just for a laugh,,,,,

JKD

,,,, at the expense of the Beeb πŸ€­πŸ˜†

Antiques Road Trip. I'm interested in old items, antiques, vintage, mid-century etc, so record this and watch early evening (sad, I know πŸ™ˆ)

This week, the experts are in and around Wales. Today, the south of the region.

A cut from one expert to the other,,,, "Meanwhile, in BRIDGEND....."

Flick to a high camera's bird's-eye-view (possibly BBC stock film) looking across a town's river and bridge, and buildings up a steep hill behind... "I know where that is !" says I, "and it's NOT Bridgend !!!!" 🀣🀣🀣

So to the question,,,, did anyone else see this today and know the actual location of said town ?! πŸ€­πŸ˜‚

Can’t help you with location but little story I didn’t know.

Last weeks was Philip Serrell and Irita?

Mate of mine runs the shop in Wooler, Northumberland that they visited on Friday in the Aston Martin.

Now me being me thought they toured around in the car they shared (Aston)

Nooooo

Phil turned up in a Range Rover, Irita pulls up in an Audi.

Aston turns up on the back of a trailer.

They come round the corner, both in the Aston, film the segment, drive off and CUT!!

Phil and Irita jump back into their own cars and drive to the next location followed by the Aston on a trailer.

Who’d have thunk πŸ€·πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ

:shaun:

44 minutes ago, shaun4860 said:

Mate of mine runs the shop in Wooler, Northumberland that they visited on Friday in the Aston Martin.

Nooooo

They come round the corner, both in the Aston, film the segment, drive off and CUT!!

Phil and Irita jump back into their own cars and drive to the next location followed by the Aston on a trailer.

Β 

I was only thunking about this during today's programme,,,, the fuel carbon footprint of this series must be quite large, with the amount of vehicles involved !!! And then sending the bought items to auction somewhere a couple of hundred miles away πŸ™ˆ

I do like seeing where they go, as I've been to many shops, towns and villages they visit πŸ™‚

The editing to get this to a televised state must take ages !!!

Hello, I stopped watching the road trips when a so called antique expert offered pea nuts for some quality walking sticks, whats to stop someone they know bidding πŸ€” and as for Julia Bradbury πŸ‘Ž, I only watch the Antiques road show as I know one of the experts πŸ€” , from a farming family πŸ€”

Well it's got a bridge at least!Β Β :w00t:

11 hours ago, shaun4860 said:

Nooooo

Not surprised at all.

Β 

I would suggest that much of these types of awful TV programmes are made in a similar way and then edited to portray an entirely different "REAL" set up!

11 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I stopped watching the road trips when a so called antique expert offered pea nuts for some quality walking sticks, whats to stop someone they know bidding πŸ€” and as for Julia Bradbury πŸ‘Ž, I only watch the Antiques road show as I know one of the experts πŸ€” , from a farming family πŸ€”

Oh I don’t know, I quite like Julia Bradbury; she once presented a programme where meat eaters had to be prepared to kill and process their own food, and she defeated her cancer, so she’s ok in my eyes. πŸ™‚

13 hours ago, Dougy said:

Another bit of trivia.

Β 

When they used to go round antique fairs and knock the price down, a crew member would go back to the dealer and offer the full cost of the displayed price.Β 

About ten or twelve years ago now a friend of mine had an antique shop in Hertfordshire that was visited by one of these shows

The whole thing was pre arranged. It was already decided what they would 'find' and what they would pay before they even started.

They spent a whole afternoon filming and then when it was shown on air their shop wasn't included.

Β 

2 hours ago, Scully said:

Oh I don’t know, I quite like Julia Bradbury; she once presented a programme where meat eaters had to be prepared to kill and process their own food, and she defeated her cancer, so she’s ok in my eyes. πŸ™‚

Hello, that's ok scully but it's a pity they cheat on making this type of programmes, and everyone doing them πŸ€”

5 hours ago, JKD said:

You could also become an honorary member of the Mongolian Throat Singers,,,, a distinguished honour, apparently πŸ™ƒπŸ€£

Funny enough I've never been there before, I just happened to be driving through this morning and noticed the roof of the building in the distance and guessed it was the same place.Β 

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Funny enough I've never been there before, I just happened to be driving through this morning and noticed the roof of the building in the distance and guessed it was the same place.Β 

I have been there quite a few times (it's not all that far for me), but wouldn't have made the connection.Β  It is divided into a 'low town' by the river Severn, and a 'high town' on the ridge above.Β  There is a cable railway linking the two towns, and it is also home to the Severn Valley steam railway.Β  Nice town to visit.

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

I have been there quite a few times (it's not all that far for me), but wouldn't have made the connection.Β  It is divided into a 'low town' by the river Severn, and a 'high town' on the ridge above.Β  There is a cable railway linking the two towns, and it is also home to the Severn Valley steam railway.Β  Nice town to visit.

Have you ever walked up those steps ?! They're not equally spaced, so it's impossible to get a good walking rhythm πŸ™„πŸ˜‚ And yes, it's a very nice town to visit. In the 90's I used to drive up from SE London to the market behind the old town,,,, just to buy my work boots 😯 then drive down to Bewdley for some lunch beside the river. Then the long drive back home,,,, around 9-10 hours of travelling πŸ™ƒπŸ˜‚ Been back a few times since for the barbel fishing on the Severn,,,, staying in the guest house at the other end of the bridge, the building just to the left of the red artic in the picture above 😁

Β 

23 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Well done πŸ‘ you must have a good eye πŸ€“

9 minutes ago, JKD said:

Have you ever walked up those steps ?

I have, but a while ago.Β  Many years ago I bought a Junghans radio controlled watch there - and about every other year took it back to have the battery changed (normal jewellers won't touch it as it has a glass back).Β  The jewellers was in the high town.Β  Sadly the man who sold it to me eventually retired and so I now change the battery myself.Β  There is a very good pie/pasty shop in the high town.

Bridgnorth is about an hour north of me.Β  Can combine a visit to the Iron Bridge (in Ironbridge) and the Ironbridge gorge museum complex/group including Blist Hill open air museum and the museum of iron working.Β  Not as big a museum as either the Black Country Museum, or Beamish, but in the same vein being a recreation of an old town.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

I might be passing back through in a few days and might stop for a stroll around if time permits. Small world!Β 

Bridgenorth is great in the summer,,,, busy but great πŸ™‚ This time of year, not so much, but still a lovely town. The people are very friendly too,,,, well they were in my previous experiences πŸ˜ƒ

56 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

I have, but a while ago.Β  Many years ago I bought a Junghans radio controlled watch there - and about every other year took it back to have the battery changed (normal jewellers won't touch it as it has a glass back).Β  The jewellers was in the high town.Β  Sadly the man who sold it to me eventually retired and so I now change the battery myself.Β  There is a very good pie/pasty shop in the high town.

Bridgnorth is about an hour north of me.Β  Can combine a visit to the Iron Bridge (in Ironbridge) and the Ironbridge gorge museum complex/group including Blist Hill open air museum and the museum of iron working.Β  Not as big a museum as either the Black Country Museum, or Beamish, but in the same vein being a recreation of an old town.

I once had the idea to move to Shropshire when I gave up work,,,, absolutely love the whole district,,,, Shropshire, Worcestershire and surrounds. Then a few years ago I visited Devon πŸ˜ƒπŸ€£ I'm now unsure where I'd like to finally settle 🀭