Tinned dog food ?.

samboy

Hi gang.

Is there such a thing as good tinned dog meat or is it all rubbish ?.

Thanks all.

6 minutes ago, samboy said:

Hi gang.

Is there such a thing as good tinned dog meat or is it all rubbish ?.

I usually get butchers from Home bargains they have one called Naturo that’s good but not cheap  they also have Chester’s working dog favourites  different flavours in jelly  that’s good and quite cheap .

Thanks all.

a long while ago i bought dog food in big sausage form.....you cut it off what the dog needed and added it to a mixer.....in the sausage you could see bits of fur and feather ..tendon...muscle ..cartelidge.....it smelt really good and the dogs never had a soft stool......but the small company got closed down as it was not EU complient...........apparently ....im told food standards are higher in dog and animal food than some human food.......how true that is i dont know

23 minutes ago, ditchman said:

a long while ago i bought dog food in big sausage form.....you cut it off what the dog needed and added it to a mixer.....in the sausage you could see bits of fur and feather ..tendon...muscle ..cartelidge.....it smelt really good and the dogs never had a soft stool......but the small company got closed down as it was not EU complient...........apparently ....im told food standards are higher in dog and animal food than some human food.......how true that is i dont know

OH used to service some electronics at Pedigree Petfoods factory and also a well known Poultry factory.

He said Pedigree Petfoods was pristine and had very strict clothing regulations.  He had to wear a complete white outfit with white boots, hat and beard cover to go in their meat production areas. It was stainless steel heaven. He even had to change to go in different areas and cover or remove rings.

The Poultry factory producing food for humans was disgusting and he didn't know how they stayed in business as they flouted hygeine regulations. Staff where moving from brown overall areas to white overall areas without changing. He rejected some equipment and refused to touch it until it was cleaned as it was splattered with stinking bits of poultry and blood. Andrew originally studied food science and technology and worked in that area until he changed to electronics so knew the factory was not compliant.