• full english
    • steak & ale pie
    • rabbit stew
    • salad
    • sunday roast
    • pizza
    • jacket potatoe
    • other (please list)

A nice haunch of Vension, that has been slow cooked in a flour/water paste, wrapped in baking paper so as to retain all the juices, and then sliced and served with winter veg, roast potatoes, and a nice helping of gravy made from the juices and a dollop of redcurrent jelly. Helps that my mate shoots so many, so much so that I can never empty my freezer.

A nice brace of partridge again slow roasted with veg.

Nice plump duck with a cracked pepper and orange marmalde glaze (Not Duck a la orange).

Cantonese game or fowl of any description.

Satay'd pigeon breast with stirfry veg.

Basically anything that is game of one description and another.

Finished off with either a nice homemade fruit pavlova or something i tried the other day for the first time at home a lemon roulade.

No wonder my chloresterol level is high :good:

SS

It's got to be steak and chips!

A nice steak matured on the bone for a minimum of 21 days served very rare. (bit like the cold steak I ate at the Bisley meet at 1am. I still don't know if it was one I had cooked earlier and got cold or one of the raw ones.)

Served with chips, petit pois, mushrooms fried in butter and onion rings.

:good::lol::lol::lol:

FM :lol:

I don't think I could really choose a favourite, I like so many. Most of the roasts have to be there Beef (rib), Chicken (corn fed), Lamb (leg) and Pork (Rolled Shoulder) and of course a griddled Rib-Eye Steak. But I also love griddled tuna or swordfish.

The longest standing dish that I ever looked forward to has to be me dear old grandma's, god bless her sole. She used to make a majestic meat pudding with chips and peas. None of these modern chips but good old fashioned, cooked in dripping, steak chips!! Oh and lashings of gravy to boot. :good:

I love all food.Good English grub and also good foreign stuff.I love real Chinese food,not the sweetened **** you get here either.Went to Singapore and Malaysia a few times and gorged self on the dirt cheap noodle soups.Cant get it here though .Pity they think we only like the garbage they flog us.