40,000 police on standby..Paris france

ditchman

so Macron is expecting trouble this evening ...i shall be watching...........the French have always had a problem with authority....even going back to the 1960's and the student riots........the police were brutal with them ,,,,they just shot them willy nilly in the legs ....end of.....

that where they earned the derogertory name as "Le flic"

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

so Macron is expecting trouble this evening ...i shall be watching...........the French have always had a problem with authority....even going back to the 1960's and the student riots........the police were brutal with them ,,,,they just shot them willy nilly in the legs ....end of.....

that where they earned the derogertory name as "Le flic"

Why, what's happening, Ditchy?

I blame Henry VI.

17 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Why, what's happening, Ditchy?

I blame Henry VI.

the french traffic police stopped a Diliveroo driver....to question him...he then suddenly drove off and the cops shot him dead....then the riots started............

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

i dont know about you ...but when im stopped by two cops carrying guns i do as im told...........i dont sundenly deciede to drive off

If he's anything like the deliveroo drivers over here he probably drove off because his driving paperwork wasn't in order and he didn't want to get caught

It's endemic over here, its so expensive to get insurance that allows you to legally deliver food it wouldnt be worth doing the job. Not for what they get per delivery

He should not have been shot and I trust the Policeman who shot him, will receive justice.

It never ceases to amaze when when the Police get it wrong, it is a cue for looting and setting fire to cars etc. Nothing to do with what started it - just criminals waiting for an excuse.

10 hours ago, Vince Green said:

If he's anything like the deliveroo drivers over here he probably drove off because his driving paperwork wasn't in order and he didn't want to get caught

It's endemic over here, its so expensive to get insurance that allows you to legally deliver food it wouldnt be worth doing the job. Not for what they get per delivery

Which is why most use 40mph e bikes, for which they have no documentation whatsoever  !!

10 hours ago, Gordon R said:

He should not have been shot and I trust the Policeman who shot him, will receive justice.

It never ceases to amaze when when the Police get it wrong, it is a cue for looting and setting fire to cars etc. Nothing to do with what started it - just criminals waiting for an excuse.

While I agree it doesn't look good from the information available, he hasn't had a trial or been found guilty yet.

10 hours ago, Gordon R said:

It would appear that the use of a firearm by the police in the event of a failing to stop, is allowed.

While I agree it doesn't look good from the information available, he hasn't had a trial or been found guilty yet.

Whilst I find it hard to accept that a 17 year old is dead on a traffic stop, I did say that I hoped that the Policeman got justice. By that I mean he gets a fair hearing, not a trial by media or hung out to dry by his superiors. 

15 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Having been living near NICE and returned from the Bastille celebrations on the 14th of July 2016. I can quite see why any Policeman would take the action that this one did when a vehicle fails to stop. 
Had he let it go and an atrocity been carried out, then he would be gaining flack for that too. 

Caveat. We’re not aware of the full details and he hasn’t had his ‘day’ just yet. 
But for people to see any event these days as an excuse for rioting, is beyond me. 

3 hours ago, Dave-G said:

There'd be uproar if he was driving a car bomb and not stopped by any means available.

Armed cops say stop you stop, France ain't as soft and fluffy as UK's lefty yuman rights activism.

Exactly

I’ve been stopped and my nephews who live there have too, it’s a bit like the states- you don’t pee pee around when told to do so! 

4 hours ago, Penelope said:

It would appear that the use of a firearm by the police in the event of a failing to stop, is allowed.

It absolutely would be in America. Depending on which State you are in and what your skin colour was

Edited by Vince Green

47 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

Having been living near NICE and returned from the Bastille celebrations on the 14th of July 2016. I can quite see why any Policeman would take the action that this one did when a vehicle fails to stop. 
Had he let it go and an atrocity been carried out, then he would be gaining flack for that too. 

Caveat. We’re not aware of the full details and he hasn’t had his ‘day’ just yet. 
But for people to see any event these days as an excuse for rioting, is beyond me. 

Exactly

I’ve been stopped and my nephews who live there have too, it’s a bit like the states- you don’t pee pee around when told to do so! 

This is how I see it. 
Macron declared the shooting ‘inexcusable’ toot sweet, long before any inguiry or investigation had taken place, so it doesn’t look too good for him. 
As much as I distrust the police, the shooting of a 17 year old given the circumstances we know, seems excessive, but the copper would have been hailed a hero if the car had been found to contain explosives. 

However, the victim would still be alive now if he’d just complied. 🤷‍♂️

Regarding the officers alledged words prior to the shooting

"I'll put a ****ing bullet in your head"

If he meant to execute the lad why did he then shoot him in the chest. At that range he couldn't have missed.

Having watched the video to my eyes the officers arm was hit by the windscreen pillar and it was then that the shot rang out.

If you give the police guns don't be surprised if they shoot someone in a highly charged incident.

6 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Whilst I find it hard to accept that a 17 year old is dead on a traffic stop, I did say that I hoped that the Policeman got justice. By that I mean he gets a fair hearing, not a trial by media or hung out to dry by his superiors. 

Appoliges, I see what you mean 👍