B.B.C.

scouser

31 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

He was apparently 'angry' when the Sun broke the story, it's also alleged he spoke to alleged person{s} who he was sending money to. 

Like I've said, it appears he has done nothing wrong, legally or morally, except for the fact he was OK with other presents names being put forward as the alleged person involved? 

I'll be honest, someone told me last week it was him, and I thought they were joking... I am surprised, and rather disappointed it wasn't Packham or Lineker. 

He was angry when someone he had asked to be discreet on an online dating site made it common knowledge online they had been approached by a well known presenter and that they intended to name him. I’d have been angry too, but hopefully not as naive in the first place to believe it wouldn’t happen. 
I don’t know if he was ok with other names being bandied about, although several came forward to say it wasn’t them, including Nicky Campbell, who intends to prosecute those who suggested or insinuated it was him. Good for him. 
I couldn’t think of anyone else it could be but him, given that he was the only presenter I could think of who was suddenly absent from our screens. 
I share your disappointment. 🙂

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

36 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

The Met have proven time and again that they are totally unfit for purpose, I wouldn't believe a word they say or trust them to do a thorough accurate investigation.

I can’t argue with that, but the alternative is…….? 

1 minute ago, Scully said:

I can’t argue with that, but the alternative is…….? 

There isn't one, they are free to fail to investigate or cover up whatever they want it would seem without challenge (including their own officers).  We have a HOC who appoint Committees and Quangos to quiz business leaders etc but they never actually hold anyone to account for anything and get paid extra for it.  The whole set up is a broken farce.

5 hours ago, Scully said:

But again, until charges are brought based on evidence, no one knows if there are victims, nor who they are.
It may transpire that the presenter himself is yet a victim, of blackmail. We just don’t know, nor will we until it’s all out in the open.

The initial complaint was brought forward by the lads parents, not the lad himself, who has stated through his lawyer that nothing illegal took place. 
There are many ‘victims’ who for reasons of their own, decide to make complaints 10 or 20 years after the event. 
One thing is certain, no matter how this all unravels, his career is finished. 

Can't argue with any of that.

51 minutes ago, Weihrauch17 said:

There isn't one, they are free to fail to investigate or cover up whatever they want it would seem without challenge (including their own officers).  We have a HOC who appoint Committees and Quangos to quiz business leaders etc but they never actually hold anyone to account for anything and get paid extra for it.  The whole set up is a broken farce.

Agreed, it is a monumental unaccountable farce, for which we should be demonstrating in the streets, but we aren’t. 

52 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, well who would have believed it turned out to be Hugh Edwards 🤔

i would have exploded with delite if it was chris packham.............i do feel sorry for huw edwards tho....i dont think he is a serial sex pest....i do think it looks like he has serious mental problems....

14 hours ago, Rewulf said:

I'm not saying he's done anything illegal, he's perfectly entitled to spend his money on whatever he wants, and if that means paying for nudes that's fine. I'm not so sure his wife is on board with it, but who knows? Hence the 'caught' comment. 

As far as his sexuality goes, that's his business too, but there are certain costs to being a member of the media/celebrity, one is your private life, for whoever is interested. 

What annoys me is hiding behind mental illness to negate the attention, like celebs when they get into trouble, go into rehab to sort their 'demons' 

It just seems funny that he's been fine reading the news for the last 3 years, but once his err, issues come to light, he's now mentally ill? 

Convenient. 

Edited by Penelope

2 hours ago, ditchman said:

i would have exploded with delite if it was chris packham.............i do feel sorry for huw edwards tho....i dont think he is a serial sex pest....i do think it looks like he has serious mental problems....

Hello, that is no excuse for what is alleged against him, 

16 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, that is no excuse for what is alleged against him, 

yes you are right ..but alleged and fact are very different...only an investigation can reveal this..............a few years ago i went to the police with proof that a certain woman was littering our village..(she was refusing to use her bin as it might make it dirty) so she was ...during the night throwing the bin bags onto the pathways around the village..........i was on a hiding to nothing as the police said it was out of their hands due to the woman having alchohol and mental problems

there was nothing i could do

47 minutes ago, London Best said:

Of course he has! 
You’ve got to be nuts to spend £35,000 for a picture of a willy.

oooh i dont know...we have all made mistakes in our lives....................i paid £150 for an AYA yeoman that was off its face once........followed by a case of Imperial Gold #7's (paper cased) that had been stored on a moist concrete floor for several mths............

2 hours ago, London Best said:

Of course he has! 
You’ve got to be nuts to spend £35,000 for a picture of a willy.

Best line thrown on this forum for a while- I have now got to clear up the coffee I spat out while laughing to that one ,

cheered me up no end London best !

Agriv8

12 hours ago, discobob said:

I wonder what the government crept out during the distraction.....

Johnson not handing in evidence to the Covid enquiry by the court deadline.

https://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/23652296.covid-inquiry-boris-johnson-misses-key-deadline-inquiry/

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2023/jul/13/boris-johnson-has-forgotten-passcode-for-phone-wanted-by-covid-inquiry

Edited by Weihrauch17