Beware scammers about

nate78

3 minutes ago, nate78 said:

How did you guess? What did they offer you? 

Amazingly he knows someone with some powershot which is what I’m looking for, I’ve also had a PM from someone else where kelvin1 has come to the rescue for them as well, so that’s a new member with no posts, no history, only joined yesterday but can help 3 people all notified by private message :) 

7 hours ago, Old Boggy said:

Can the Mods not stop his PMs by banning him.

They`ve banned many on here for far less !

OB

The trouble is, it's easy for someone to register a new username. Ban them but we all need to keep each other informed of new scammers 

Just now, nate78 said:

The trouble is, it's easy for someone to register a new username. Ban them but we all need to keep each other informed of new scammers 

Very true.

I`ve just informed Gustav on here as I noted that he had something in the wanted section and hadn`t seen the `Scam` notification and was also contacted by `Kelvin1`.

Gustav (Alan) is a nice very guy to deal with and certainly doesn`t need or deserve the hassle.

Perhaps the answer is to only deal with members who have been on here for some time and are known, although that may prevent genuine newcomers being involved in any transactions.

OB

Well gents I have been having some fun with this lad. I have been stringing him along for 2 days now for my own amusement.

I posted for a Browning  Auto 5 in the wanted section. And I got a pm from this very resourceful character.

So I sent of an email to enquire and got a swift response with some pictures of a very fine auto 5. 

I asked the usual gun questions and the responses seems fairly legitimate. 

I then run the pictures of the gun he sent through Google and you would not believe it I found the exact some one for sale in the USA.

He then offered it to me for a very lucrative price. So I started haggling and he dropped the price without a quibble, a very fair sales man. 

I then started to arrange getting the gun and he had the perfect solution no RFD involved he would simply FedEx me the gun. 

However I think my fun is now over I asked him for a copy of his certificate so I can inform the police of the transfer of ownership. And now he has lost interest in the sale. Such a shame I thought I was into a winner.

All joking aside this guy nearly had me convinced, be careful. 

And thank you to the moderators for jumping on it so quickly 

38 minutes ago, Downforce said:

I have to confess to being more than a little bit jealous 

I have posted a few wanted ads recently and haven’t had any such approach 

Whats wrong with me?

Arent I good enough to scam ??

D

You need to be proactive and email him I am sure he got just what you looking for.😜