Car insurance renewal

Chukar

Had mine the other day: £660 last year, £1160 this year. 

I had a claim but was a non fault where the other side paid out. Went through my own insurance who were a nightmare to deal with. 

Going to shop around and be willing to pay more to go somewhere else. 

Avoid Hastings like the plague.

Anyone recommend a company that deals with any issues themselves without subbing every single step out? 

I’m with Aviva, just changed to one of those new fangled electric cars which is in a much higher ins group than my pickup was. 
Six months additional premium was the grand total of £62 or so. 
Making my annual premium at £556. 
Be interesting to see how it is affected next renewal though. 

11 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

I’m with Aviva, just changed to one of those new fangled electric cars which is in a much higher ins group than my pickup was. 
Six months additional premium was the grand total of £62 or so. 
Making my annual premium at £556. 
Be interesting to see how it is affected next renewal though. 

Plus a thousand pounds excess? 

easy for you though probably catching all the lightning electricity in the sky when you’re flying around 🤔😊

12 hours ago, Old farrier said:

Plus a thousand pounds excess? 

easy for you though probably catching all the lightning electricity in the sky when you’re flying around 🤔😊

The excess has increased to £500, but that was the same for the hybrid vehicles that I looked at too!

Wont be catching any ‘electrical discharge’ as I fly, I give natures power generators a wide berth. 

On 01/10/2023 at 15:48, enfieldspares said:

Well good luck with Saga if you have a problem. I used them, had a roof damaged in a storm some years ago, their assessor came out and said "Well it's a old house built in 1913 so as the roof is old we won't be paying out." Cheap is cheap yes. But when if you claim they then don't pay out it works out an expensive lesson.

Meerkats, Go Compare and Etc. are what the insurance trade call "aggregators" and usually charge a £35 commission on the premium which the underwriter pays to them for the introduction. So yes you can try these web actors and then call the insurance company they try to link you too directly.  Me? I use a local man in an office who is an old fashioned broker. 

The AA did it to us. The assessor came into our house and promptly began to ******* me for not answering my phone. (We're in a bad signal area). He had a quick look round the internal damage, went outside put his phone on a stick took a few photos of the roof and said " it's fair wear and tare" and that was that. We were paying a high premium expecting good cover. Years ago we were with Saga for everything then their prices rocketed while the cover went down. Never again, we check every year now. 

Our insurance has increased this year by roughly £100 a car. 
this has happened across the board with each car being insured with different companies. 
when asked all have said it’s to do with the cost of utilities, lack of parts, increased costs for labour and a shortage of that and the big one (as mentioned) electric cars - basically a couple of the reps said if you have a dink in an electric car it’s almost always written off and it’s hard and costly to dispose of. 
They also said the increase in thefts of keyless cars has bumped things up and they have never seen rises to this level in years and years 

Edited by ph5172

On 22/10/2023 at 14:15, Lloyd90 said:

Had mine the other day: £660 last year, £1160 this year. 

I had a claim but was a non fault where the other side paid out. Went through my own insurance who were a nightmare to deal with. 

Going to shop around and be willing to pay more to go somewhere else. 

Avoid Hastings like the plague.

Anyone recommend a company that deals with any issues themselves without subbing every single step out? 

Tescobank.

Just dont get old! last years insurance