Bee sting

ditchman

When i was but a boy and scrumping apples some bright spark in my group threw an apple at a nest, i ended up getting stung over 100 times, hurt like hell, the doctor was very concerned because he said a lot of people went into shock with ther body reacting against it,looking at my medical history and speaking to my Mum it turned out when i was about 2 i bit an apple with a wasp on it and it stung the inside of my mouth, the doctor thought that my young body reacted to the sting and that reaction built up an immunity that protected me at 15.

47 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Shame it was your leg!  :cool1:

Well it is the only part of the body in that area that do get swollen nowadays as you will no doubt find out when you reach the ole allocated life span , mind you , the ole memory bank is still in good nick so at least I can look back at the good times when certain parts did stand up to attention  :lol:

2 hours ago, billytheghillie said:

Thought them Nurfuk boys never got stung, 1st a wasp then the car, ye will get nae sympathy aff me,  are ye a man or a moose? come on squeak up.

At one time Billy , the only way we would get stung was if we parted our reddies to easily on a motor that didn't have a engine in it after the salesman told us it would do 0 to 60 in three minutes , he didn't tell us it was the towing time .

When I got stung by that wasp I did soldier on and unblocked the drain as the tennants were elderly and couldn't use the loo , the pain I put up with that day was well worth it , as when I got home  my wife had to rub a mild cream on all the lower body parts as neither of us were aware of where the sting was , after two hours of gentle rubbing I was feeling a lot better , and my dear wife said I better do the same tomorrow night just to make sure you have no ill effects :lol:

Edited by marsh man

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

At one time Billy , the only way we would get stung was if we parted our reddies to easily on a motor that didn't have a engine in it after the salesman told us it would do 0 to 60 in three minutes , he didn't tell us it was the towing time .

When I got stung by that wasp I did soldier on and unblocked the drain as the tennants were elderly and couldn't use the loo , the pain I put up with that day was well it when I got home and my wife had to rub a mild cream on all the lower body parts as neither of us were aware of where the sting was , after two hours of gentle rubbing I was feeling a lot better , and my dear wife said I better do the same tomorrow night just to make sure you have no ill effects :lol:

😅 But what happens in Nurfuk, stays in Nurfuk 😱

37 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I'm sure a man of your caliber could find some somewhere 🤣.

Seriously though, I hope your on the mend.

thank you .....nearly gone now ...feels just like a burn now............................there is no way i wanna get stung like that again..

3 minutes ago, ditchman said:

thank you .....nearly gone now ...feels just like a burn now............................there is no way i wanna get stung like that again..

Couple of weeks ago the hornets moved onto our corn store - as we were doing the corn they stung the wife about 6 times 

After checking she was ok - my bad - i laughed my head off 

3 days later - karma and i got them a dozen times

Last week whilst thinning a pen i thought - wow this holly is prickly - it was wasps stinging me !- got about 10 stings

Then this week whilst taking an old fence down i stood in a nest ! Stung over and over - and the wife too

The Mrs could not run any further away - she was going into shock - very very scary

They actually followed us for a good 3/400 yards - which i found most unusual

Terrible to hear about the gent that has passed - very very sad 

On 25/09/2023 at 16:32, Imperfection said:

Many years ago when i was 18, a friend was stung (no idea by what). In less than 2 minutes we watched the colour drain out of his face. Seeing this wasn't normal we took him to a&e.

Yup, he was allergic and was quite ill. It made me very wary of wasps etc because i've never been stung before (im now 53).

You need to be careful of anaphylaxis; you never know how you'll react until stung. 

• 4 weeks later...

I keep bees and get many stings but most of them I don't notice after a couple of minutes. Have no reaction or swelling etc especially to stings in my hands,arm or legs.

I got stung twice on the eyebrow last year about 30 seconds apart and that whole side of my face swelled up immediately and was like that for 2 days. 

I am not sure how you get hundreds of stings through the years and have no reaction to them then two come in a totally different area and you get called The Elephant Man at work for 2 days due to the severity of the reaction.