Non-foreign muck

ditchman

40 minutes ago, JKD said:

Ditchman,,,, on average, your meals are probably the best on here 😁 Most negative comments are jealousy 🤩

:lol:

15 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

Looks good, however being pedantic that appears to be a pastie

I do like a man who knows his pies from his pasties.   :rolleyes:

12 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Good honest grub if you ask me Simon , at one time when money was tight ( things haven't changed much  ) we use to buy those flat oval tins that contained a pie of sorts ( Fray Bentos ? ) nothing to write home about but for a quid you couldn't go far wrong .:drinks:

nothing wrong with them.....still sell them at the spa shop with the tinned suet meat puds....they are lush

1 hour ago, Yellow Bear said:

Looks good, however being pedantic that appears to be a pastie

cornish pie....

50 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I do like a man who knows his pies from his pasties.   

whatever....my bad

40 minutes ago, ditchman said:

nothing wrong with them.....still sell them at the spa shop with the tinned suet meat puds....they are lush

Used to get them from the £1 and 99p shops in town , this was when everything in those shops were either a quid or 99p , now there is still some stuff for a quid but most of it now is a lot dearer and can go up to £3.00. :no:

A man after my own heart ditchman! Have that dinner usually once a week. I used to make my own pies 🥧 but the butcher ones I get are quality. Mostly steak, but sometimes mince and onion or chicken and ham. He used to do a lovely chicken curry one, but discontinued it as it wasn't a good seller. Some people have no taste 🙄

Served with handcut , dripping cooked chips from local spuds. 

PS Frey Bentos where OK but the soggy pastry was very off putting!

Screenshot_20231112_173922_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231112_173926_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20231112_173934_Gallery.jpg

8 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I still use one to stand the wet gun in nose down while oiling it.   :good:

The tins were far better than the awful pies.   

pies were carp ...they never cooked on the bottom.....the puds when boiled in the tin ..were nice with mash and peas and colmans mustard

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

Good honest grub if you ask me Simon , at one time when money was tight ( things haven't changed much  ) we use to buy those flat oval tins that contained a pie of sorts ( Fray Bentos ? ) nothing to write home about but for a quid you couldn't go far wrong .:drinks:

Can’t believe you ever managed to get the lid off! Always defeated me 

2 hours ago, marsh man said:

I hate them when we where first married i said i liked them i must of had them 3/4 times a week till i moaned , "But you said you liked them " , Aye but not to blooming live on . 

29 minutes ago, Fargo said:

Can’t believe you ever managed to get the lid off! Always defeated me 

I think in the early days we had one of those old fashion tin openers that you gave it a whack and way you go , if we didn't get the lid off then we went hungry and going hungry wasn't on the agender 😋

14 minutes ago, Bigbob said:

I hate them when we where first married i said i liked them i must of had them 3/4 times a week till i moaned , "But you said you liked them " , Aye but not to blooming live on . 

You should had manned up Bob and said you were not that keen but if there is nothing else then they will do .

I was told before I got married that you started off how you intend to carry on , I'm still married to the same woman after nearly 50 years, but the man who told me was divorced years ago .:lol:

3 minutes ago, Wylye said:

Our local butcher sells his own snake and pigmy pie and they are fantastic! With chips and proper mushy peas ie. soaked overnight, it is a feast to behold. Not bad with mash and various veg either.

wooow you lucky *******...............our local butcher bloody closed 6 mths ago............