TRIGGER POINT

Zoli 12 guage

1 hour ago, Westward said:

Never watched any of it and never will. Plus I'm bored with actresses, especially McClure, playing roles where a woman pretends she can outdo, outbrave, outthink and outfight men.

Bit awkward that the main antagonist in this series is a woman, isn't it?Β 

15 minutes ago, Westward said:

Awkward or just plain silly?

You've not watched any of it, so your argument is a touch moronic anyway. There's absolutely nothing in the plot or the action that a woman couldn't do. In fact, the British Army's first female bomb disposal expert called McClure's character 'a very credible EOD officer'. But clearly you know more than her, despite never having seen it.Β 

It was a general point about actresses pretending to be tough guys rather than anything specific about that show or it's accuracy. Oh, and I prefer not be accused of being moronic if you don't mind. I do recall the very same actress in 'Line of Duty' running around London on foot chasing a Range Rover and loosing off bursts with an assault rifle. Credible or just plain silly?

BTW, my father worked in bomb disposal during ww2.

42 minutes ago, Westward said:

It was a general point about actresses pretending to be tough guys rather than anything specific about that show or it's accuracy. Oh, and I prefer not be accused of being moronic if you don't mind. I do recall the very same actress in 'Line of Duty' running around London on foot chasing a Range Rover and loosing off bursts with an assault rifle. Credible or just plain silly?

BTW, my father worked in bomb disposal during ww2.

Then don't comment on something you've not seen and have no intention of seeing. And then don't join the dots in the wrong place. She was talking about McClure's character in Trigger Point (as she was a bomb disposal expert), so not really anything to do with her role in LoD.Β 

Β 

Oh.Β 

1 minute ago, discobob said:

I thought last nights episode was quite good with some good β€œshocks”

We've finished it. It gets betterΒ  and I like how things are gradually unwinding for Lana's homelife. I think they make her deal with it in a very believable way. Someone with so many ours of Afghanistan/Iraq and seeing people get blown up in front of her might not be the most well adjusted person! So when she just shouts and swears at her mum and dad, it works. No organising therapy, no sitting down and talking about feelings, just reactive swearing and blunt, naked abuse!

The plot's no less bonkers, but it's TV entertainment, so I guess that's fair enough.

1 minute ago, chrisjpainter said:

We've finished it. It gets betterΒ  and I like how things are gradually unwinding for Lana's homelife. I think they make her deal with it in a very believable way. Someone with so many ours of Afghanistan/Iraq and seeing people get blown up in front of her might not be the most well adjusted person! So when she just shouts and swears at her mum and dad, it works. No organising therapy, no sitting down and talking about feelings, just reactive swearing and blunt, naked abuse!

The plot's no less bonkers, but it's TV entertainment, so I guess that's fair enough.

Oi -no spoilers πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚