Just cartridges

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Just don’t take any notice of the idiot doing the videos!

It's hard not to. Because I never realised there were so many guns that I "must have" for my collection. Happily to then discover that by fortunate coincidence the Oxford Gun Company may have that very make, model and variant in stock! Callooh! Callay! Oh frabjous day! Which, Lewis Carroll, I find myself bringing to mind as the lad does remind me somewhat in appearance and manner of one of either Tweedledum or Tweedledee. But, as Alice, I look from one to the other and can never decide...

Alice.jpg

Edited by enfieldspares

12 hours ago, redial said:

Please expand, it may save some a trip or not as the case maybe.

Hello, it was a very long time ago, A PCP pump i bought as new was a throw back from the manufactures, an Air rifle that seized up , that was 4 wasted journeys, and there  was a lady serving who constantly kept bragging on her clay shooting but most likely retired now, it may be ideal if your located near the M40 or Oxford, i do not shoot clays so cannot comment on this aspect of this Company, 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, it was a very long time ago, A PCP pump i bought as new was a throw back from the manufactures, an Air rifle that seized up , that was 4 wasted journeys, and there  was a lady serving who constantly kept bragging on her clay shooting but most likely retired now, it may be ideal if your located near the M40 or Oxford, i do not shoot clays so cannot comment on this aspect of this Company, 

Hello, it is interesting how we view RFD shops , a recent case for me was to get my CZ 455 put in a RFD for safe keeping as i gave up my licence, it was gifted to a friend , one local RFD wanted £48 per month 🤔, another only £10, the latter i will use again, 

I find it amusing that guns and cartridges are 2 constants in a gun shop that are never on sale. 

There may be a bargain every now and then with stock passing through, but you never get a 25% discount code! I guess there is such a demand they really never need to.

On 29/02/2024 at 19:42, HantsRob said:

I find it amusing that guns and cartridges are 2 constants in a gun shop that are never on sale. 

There may be a bargain every now and then with stock passing through, but you never get a 25% discount code! I guess there is such a demand they really never need to.

There is not a 25% margin in the first place, in many cases it is around 10%.

5 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

There is not a 25% margin in the first place, in many cases it is around 10%.

No, that's not how retail works in major mults for example. I appreciate the retailer is probably only making 10-15% in the shell industry.
A manufacturer will often discount a product as long as the retailer passes that on. Or, will offer a refund or credit note against products sold at a discounted rate.

I am just saying that doesn't happen in the gun industry by and large, as opposed to FMCG for example.

Edited by HantsRob

On 02/03/2024 at 13:55, HantsRob said:

No, that's not how retail works in major mults for example. I appreciate the retailer is probably only making 10-15% in the shell industry.
A manufacturer will often discount a product as long as the retailer passes that on. Or, will offer a refund or credit note against products sold at a discounted rate.

I am just saying that doesn't happen in the gun industry by and large, as opposed to FMCG for example.

We are not discussing major multis we are talking about independent micro businesses.

On 02/03/2024 at 13:51, 8 shot said:

There is when you buy in bulk, cartridges that is

If you buy a pallet typically 26000 and factor in delivery and VAT and then sell at the discounted thousand rate and pay the vat on your margin in many cases it is very close to 10%.

This may well not be the latest news as I've not been paying too much attention - unless there's a truly miraculous increase in pigeon numbers locally, I have no need to buy any more cartridges. However, it is good to see the number of 6&1/2 shot loads which are available as opposed to previously. There's one glaring omission in the case of Express but suspect that may just be a printing error.

7 hours ago, wymberley said:

This may well not be the latest news as I've not been paying too much attention - unless there's a truly miraculous increase in pigeon numbers locally, I have no need to buy any more cartridges. However, it is good to see the number of 6&1/2 shot loads which are available as opposed to previously. There's one glaring omission in the case of Express but suspect that may just be a printing error.

What are all the 6&1/2 shot loads available out of interest? I used to use the eley pigeon back in the day that were 6&1/2 and brilliant but can’t say I’ve noticed many others? 

2 hours ago, Wilts#Dave said:

What are all the 6&1/2 shot loads available out of interest? I used to use the eley pigeon back in the day that were 6&1/2 and brilliant but can’t say I’ve noticed many others? 

I think Wimberley was directly mentioning Just Cartridges. You can filter by shot size. 
For your convenience I was there anyway:

image.png.4c489d10cc87349a7a1ac3284c59da26.png