Fargo

15 minutes ago, Fargo said:

What junk guns..

My .410 action has broken in half.

Anyone know the U.K. importer of them? 

Many thanks

That's not good .

I've got a kofs .410

Been good so far picked it up sh in perfect condition  .I've probably put a couple of slabs through it so far  . 

55 minutes ago, Ultrastu said:

That's not good .

I've got a kofs .410

Been good so far picked it up sh in perfect condition  .I've probably put a couple of slabs through it so far  . 

I’d post a pic my gunsmith sent me but the files are too big

1 hour ago, Fargo said:

What junk guns..

Many thanks

my shoot mate had a beretta that cracked in the action,some years ago vendor exchanged it imediately.

Just now, Fargo said:

Suspect the whole gun is made for £60 -100 but when every tax man and business has their cut it’s £535.

An RFD friend had a visit round the Beretta factory and came out with the impression that they were building Silver Pigeons for about £150, about ten years ago.

9 minutes ago, London Best said:

An RFD friend had a visit round the Beretta factory and came out with the impression that they were building Silver Pigeons for about £150, about ten years ago.

Honestly I don’t doubt it one bit.

11 hours ago, London Best said:

I assume that price was for materials and labour, rather than overheads of the building, machinery, design, patents etc?

I can imagine that's a fair raw cost.

1 hour ago, HantsRob said:

I assume that price was for materials and labour, rather than overheads of the building, machinery, design, patents etc?

I can imagine that's a fair raw cost.

He is a Beretta main dealer.  He visited the factory and came back shaking his head at the ‘production line’ build methods. For instance, he said he watched the stocks being ‘finished’ by passing through a spray booth hanging from a moving conveyor. His exact words were, “ they must be knocking them out for about 150 quid apiece.”  This was Silver Pigeons, which I have heard people refer to as a ‘high-end gun’. I have no doubt that if you pay for a ‘high end’ Beretta you will get a very high quality gun indeed.  
But most cannot afford such a gun.
That said, there is nothing wrong with the Silver Pigeon. It has a very good reputation for reliability, and is most probably not going to break in half as can apparently happen with some other ‘entry level’ guns.

13 hours ago, Fargo said:

41A34662-BAA7-4F3F-8CE3-BC41FEC30251.jpeg

Poor design, there's not a lot of material in that area no matter what metal they use.

13 hours ago, London Best said:

Considering the number of Berettas up and down the country that've had thousands and thousands of rounds put through them without fault, I don't care what they make them for, they just work.

17 hours ago, Fargo said:

What junk guns..

Many thanks

Hello, is it not in Warranty ?? If it is out of warranty i would still want SGC to fix it, although from what i read SGC have not a good reputation for quick fixes , Try contacting James Cook, Retail Manager , 

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

6 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, is it not in Warranty ?? If it is out of warranty i would still want SGC to fix it, although from what i read SGC have not a good reputation for quick fixes , Try contacting James Cook, Retail Manager , 

To be fair I sent them an email at 8pm last night and 8am this morning it was answered.

So far so good, lets see what happens.

Just because one breaks doesn't make them all bad.

I have a KOFs .410 and for the money they're excellent. I traded two other .410s to buy it. Can't see me getting rid any time soon.

I recently purchased a KOFs 12 bore new, as my Beretta had a cracked forend and need time for a repair. Again for the money they're excellent. Brand new with warranty for less than the price of a decent second hand gun or a days game shoot.

Although now my Beretta is back it'll be up for sale soon😁

19 hours ago, Fargo said:

41A34662-BAA7-4F3F-8CE3-BC41FEC30251.jpeg

That's a horrible break, it must have been a shock. Although as someone else pointed out, not a lot of metal there.

Hope it's a satisfactory ending for you.

we will find out in time if its a 1 off or a flaw/poor quality gun.  might have just got an unlucky one mate. i imagine the stocks arnt fitted by hand and if a bit of machining swarf in the threads might be enough if the bolt has been driven in to put stress on it.  as for SGC customer service bought 1 gun off then a a 15/22 and the  bolt in the pistol grip came loose after a few boxes of ammo and when i went to tighten it turns out it was stripped and they payed for me to send it it, sorted it and sent it back was gone maybe a month.

but that is an example of a poor design a heavy duty bolt threaded directly into polymer.. that is a common fault.

1 hour ago, Sweet11-87 said:

we will find out in time if its a 1 off or a flaw/poor quality gun.  might have just got an unlucky one mate. i imagine the stocks arnt fitted by hand and if a bit of machining swarf in the threads might be enough if the bolt has been driven in to put stress on it.  as for SGC customer service bought 1 gun off then a a 15/22 and the  bolt in the pistol grip came loose after a few boxes of ammo and when i went to tighten it turns out it was stripped and they payed for me to send it it, sorted it and sent it back was gone maybe a month.

but that is an example of a poor design a heavy duty bolt threaded directly into polymer.. that is a common fault.

Polymer?

2 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

That looks like the stock bolt has been over tightened at some point. I had a KOFS for a couple of years and it never missed a beat (28G).

I was also going to suggest the very same. Do it on a Lee Enfield to tighten or loosen and you'll rip the back out of the fore end if you don't first remove it but that's all as it is steel into steel where it screws into the receiver. So that'll not suffer damage. But on an alloy action the steel will win every time.

Edited by enfieldspares