Non stick frying pans

Dave at kelton

24 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

Who can recommend a good quality non stick pan? Ours are knackered and I don’t want to buy rubbish. Just needs to suit an induction hob.

Thanks

i have a full set of ninja foodi pans that i got last year.

i also chucked the chip pan and got a ninja foodi max air fryer/grill/oven.

they are the best i've had but are not cheap.

Very happy with my Ballarini sold through Zwilling.

I also use a Le Creuset wok which is very good non stick wise.

As said above, all non stick cookware needs looking after. Ie. Do not put in the dishwasher, no metal utensils, do not overheat. Non stick coatings are quite delicate, so if you are going to do a lot of searing etc, get a good cast iron pan.

1 hour ago, smokingdragon said:

I've also read that if you need to sear stuff then don't use a non stick as it eventually kills to coating.

I think you are dead right.  I use a cast iron pan which when seasoned is reasonably 'non-stick' for most things.   You wouldn't want to try and flip a pancake though - probably break your wrist!

16 hours ago, ehb102 said:

I've given up and I am trying one of the new composite alternatives. So far very happy. Did the pancakes very well yesterday. 

Thanks it was the pancakes that were the last straw. Bloody awful so,I told the management I would put my hand in my pocket for a change.

2 hours ago, Charliedog said:

Think you are better off buying mid range (tefal type £30) and change more regularly, they all deteriorate, you cant beat a new one.

Agree, My go to shop for cooking stuff is Ikea and i still have pans in use after a decade of commercial cooking