forum decline

col s10

Not as good as it used to be when I joined first. Whether this is because when I was new all the information and members here were new to me and now I've gotten used to the usual or whether it's because of a decline in the community spirit I do not know. Could well be six of one and a half dozen of the other.

Still, I'm on here every day so it can't be all bad ???

Not as good as it used to be when I joined first. Whether this is because when I was new all the information and members here were new to me and now I've gotten used to the usual or whether it's because of a decline in the community spirit I do not know. Could well be six of one and a half dozen of the other.

Still, I'm on here every day so it can't be all bad ???

nice one just seems the community spirit has gone

The Forums are what you make them.

I think there is a good community spirit among most that post on here, evidenced by the attendance at Meet Ups and the general networking that goes on.

If anyone posts lots of shooting reports, questions and intelligent comment they will get the responses.

We just provide the facility and manage it.

There is a north south divide.

Down south where the sun shines, we go out, we meet up, we have a laugh, we attend each other's shoots.

Up north, well it's all in black and white, staying in and eating babies.

Cheer up!

I am now off to go shooting with Bagsy, Broken Man, LV, Derek Digweed.

seems to me that thease forums are not what they used to be,i could post a subject one minute the next a replyany thoughts

yeah, and policemen seem to get younger....and kids dont play cricket in the street anymore....you can't leave your back door open anymore.... ???

you get out what you put in !

(....as Mungler says to Sir Elton) :lol:

I've noticed recently that there seem to be more new people and the old regulars seem to be posting less. Maybe that's because I'm starting to learn the sport better and can now offer help to the new rather than ask so many questions? I like it here though, I think there's still a lot to be learned and I've made some good friends (some to shoot with and others just to talk to). I find the "could be a troll" comments form the older members a bit annoying sometimes. Quite often there seems to be a young newby somewhere who asks the most simple (or stupid) questions, but then maybe they just have no idea about the sport? At least they're asking, and maybe one day they could be the next Frank or Markbivvy (to name a couple of knowledgable chaps)? Everyone has to start somewhere. On the other side of the story, we always have to be careful what we say. It's a delicate subject we talk about!

On a positive note, I still think this is the most friendly and helpful forum I know. A lot have disappeared or been made, but PW is always plodding on steadily. Hopefully it will stay that way, I like it here.

Oi, I got some cracking tips from Mark - now most came in last, but .......

The gent is a cracking cook, and makes an excellent cuppa. Nowt wrong with him in my book ???:lol:

PW is an excellent forum - OK most topics are repeated on a regular basis, but who's too old to learn?

I personally don't like to see a pic of a dead fox/rabbit/whatever, without the story behind it. Copying success is the sincerest form of flattery, and I like to read of the trials and tribs of nobbling a fox, and the one that got away - been there lost of times!

Also, there is often more to learn from the mistakes of others rather than the successes.

Shooting is a very small fraternity, and we are very lucky in the fact that most shooters are very willing to share their knowledge, rather than be sneering and smug in their own success and sod the rest.

Don

I would have to agree with Dead eye Duck. ON the picture and story front anyway ???:lol: . It gets quite tiresome just seeing a picture of a dead fox or bunnies, or deer with the comments from last night. Now if you take the time to type up the story that goes with those pictures it becomes much more interesting and reseves many more responces.

It is also the time of year when most are out there running dogs, shooting, ferreting, stalking fishing etc. I know when I am on in the morning it is around 5:30 am and I keep checking the screen till about 8 am while I get the kids off to school. Then I have a trap line to check, animals to feed, birds to hunt....could be pheasant, grouse or woodcock.....and starting this week I want to take a deer with the black powder rifle. I then still have dogs to train, a house to keep.....like that happens everyday........kids to meet off the bus, more barn chores, dinner to make, and kid time. I then can spend a bit of time on in the evenings.

If I am working in the house through the day I quite often will have it on and check the forums as I walk by or take a break.

All in All I think we are an excellant forum with a friendly attitude and many helping hands when it comes to trying to get answers. It is just that we all have lives outside of the key board aswell :P Well most of us ...that Markbivvy guy we are not too sure of :lol::lol::lol:

NTTF

I have to say, I believe the community spirit is there. There are people offering and sending things for free, I have had no end of helpful responses to posts - not all shooting related - and have been offered shooting land. I have picked up bargains which I would have paid more for elsewhere. All in all I find it a nice place to be.

(Not to mention splitting my sides with laughter)

Having been on pw a year now I have found it a pretty essential link to the shooting world at large and find it helpful and a good read.The only thing to have gotten on my wick was a bit of a paternal attitude once or twice which I ignored,being 45Yrs you dont need that.I like the fact that you dont have the bun fight mentality,generally.Being a newbie to the net it amazes me how you can tap in to a wealth of knowledge instantly.To have a blow by blow account of foxing from W Eire is pretty dandy.

Cant comment on the auld days of course but things evolve I suppose.

I am now off to go shooting with Bagsy, Broken Man, LV, Derek Digweed.

:lol: No wonder you were late, you were posting on here at 9.30!! We should've known :lol:

I think this is a super forum. Ample advice is is here when needed and plenty of banter, there is only a limited amount that can be spoken about shooting. I have met a super bunch of gays guys and, given that I love the social side, couldn't want for more. Long may it continue ???

Look Mung, at least up north we're not rushing about at every oppurtunity to go out and shoot our loads with our mates - no wonder you have a pink car & marmite fetish!! ???

Look Mung, at least up north we're not rushing about at every oppurtunity to go out and shoot our loads with our mates - no wonder you have a pink car & marmite fetish!! ???

We have all come out at the same time- And are enjoying the moment thats all

Look Mung, at least up north we're not rushing about at every oppurtunity to go out and shoot our loads with our mates - no wonder you have a pink car & marmite fetish!! :lol:

We have all come out at the same time- And are enjoying the moment thats all

Speak for yourself Starlight32, if you want to play at Narnia (In the closet) that's fine but some of us are not like that lot from Essex :P

SS

Guest The Outlaw

I have only just discovered this forum and I have been beavering away at getting some posts on.

I just dont want to come across as a " Billy no mates" by being on here 24/7.

Calamity and me have been out today and shot well.

Is it good etiquet to post ours scores every week?

Tony

Still, I'm on here every day so it can't be all bad :P

Thats whats causing the problem then (only joking John ) :lol: