New Permission

A couple of weeks ago I got a call off a local farmer to reduce the deer numbers on his farm. During my afternoons/evenings after the deer I noticed a few pigeons on his rape so I had a day on them yesterday. It wasn’t ideal conditions with bright clear skies and very little wind but I got set up in my chosen spot and the birds came steadily most of the day. I finished with 129 pigeon. 

ECE07101-9112-4249-8CDD-CBA5C6713B67.jpeg

Brilliant bag of Pigeons B B , handy when you can get a quad bike to cart off a bag as big as that , or any bag come to that .   Well done and THANKS for posting as things have come to a bit of a standstill of late :good:

Well considering the conditions on Sunday that was a good bag of pigeons, I generally find that at this time of year and those conditions they tend to sit in the trees for hours sunning it up, well done.

Excellent days shooting b.b. I’ve been out today with not a sign of pigeon on the osr but a few on some smelly spuds on a recently lifted ‘tatter field’ I shot exactly 127 LESS than you did. Two! But it was so sunny I kept nodding off so might have missed seeing the odd one. Well done again👍🏻

Slightly de railing , they said on the t v weather that the plants in the gardens are up to four weeks early this spring, passed a o s r field this afternoon with the first Yellow flower on and the o s r is about two feet high .    MM

Good God, that's brilliant! I have loads of rape to shoot over, some of which is being hit by large numbers but it's usually a 1 or 2 shot wonder and the flocks clear off, or just sit in the trees for 45 minutes. So you end up with a very occasional attack by 100+ birds (shoot 1 , scare 99) or an occasional "Nobby-No-Mates". Double figures takes all day, let alone 100+!