Gaza relief port

ditchman

so the Americans are going to build an emergency port to get aid into Gaza ...and have said it will be operational in 60 days....:w00t:.......

i bet our D-Day veterans are laughing their mammaries off  :lol:

Ah well the Mulberry harbours too months to actually make. Days, yes, to two across the Channel at 6mph, and days to erect. So yes if they had all the stuff alreadty made it'd be day. But the actual things each took weeks or months to make. I knew a man who as a school leaver aged fourteen worked as his first job on making them in the North East. A Mr Jones. He was one of the apprentice boys in one of the yards that made the big concrete caissons and was told that they were "water cisterns for the Middle East" which made sense as they were water tight and had drainage cocks on the bottom. He said the first that they knew what they were actually what they were was when he went to the cinema and saw the Pathe news of the harbours.

It is a wonderful idea in principle, BUT who is going to stop thousands of young Palestinian men from going outward and getting on to the boats that are delivering the aid?

Will America put troops on the ground to defend their new port?

Will those troops move out to create the necessary safe perimeter?

How will those troops stop the massive surge of refugees that will want the food and free transport out of their current hell?

22 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

It is a wonderful idea in principle, BUT who is going to stop thousands of young Palestinian men from going outward and getting on to the boats that are delivering the aid?

Will America put troops on the ground to defend their new port?

Will those troops move out to create the necessary safe perimeter?

How will those troops stop the massive surge of refugees that will want the food and free transport out of their current hell?

I'm sure the Americans have considered all of that.

They should start by stopping the continued support for the current aggressor. There is apparently more aid on the border than can be taken through the checkpoints.

Anything the US says cannot be relied upon, their administration is so flaky. 

Impressive kit they are sending over. 

36 minutes ago, oowee said:

They should start by stopping the continued support for the current aggressor....  

I wasn't aware that the USA supported Hamas, who committed the act of aggression.

1 minute ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well that will NOT be happening.

Grant, wake up.

Then we wonder why there is no solution to the problem.  Just because it's not happening does not detract from it being the right thing to do.

There needs to be a consistent long term solution that has hope as part of the equation. 

If the US is a true super power then it needs to act like one and insist on change. 

Just now, amateur said:

There is a straightforward solution.

The Palestinians give up the hostages and the Hamas terrorists.

That sort of sensible approach will just NOT happen, UNFORTUNATELY.

14 minutes ago, amateur said:

There is a straightforward solution.

The Palestinians give up the hostages and the Hamas terrorists.

They will all no doubt be free or dead in the near term. Unlike the thousands of hostages held by Israel. 

6 minutes ago, oowee said:

They will all no doubt be free or dead in the near term. Unlike the thousands of hostages held by Israel. 

Unlike the Israeli hostages they aren't likely to be shot/beheaded/raped to death in a minging basement. They at least have a chance of living.

One thing Netanyahu said that I thought was interesting, something along the lines of "if this hamas atrocity had happened to the USA, what does the world think their response would be?" 

13 minutes ago, oowee said:

They will all no doubt be free or dead in the near term. Unlike the thousands of terrorists held by Israel. 

Just corrected that for you.

3 hours ago, Rob85 said:

Unlike the Israeli hostages they aren't likely to be shot/beheaded/raped to death in a minging basement. They at least have a chance of living.

One thing Netanyahu said that I thought was interesting, something along the lines of "if this hamas atrocity had happened to the USA, what does the world think their response would be?" 

I think maybe you need to take another look. Plenty of abuse going on. 

Don't get me wrong I am all for defence but it has to be proportionate and it should protect the innocent. The Hamas attack was clearly an attrocity but thats no excuse for carrying out another. This mad rush for revenge (all reminiscent of 911) is just fuelling the fire for revenge. I cant see it helps killing a 1000 Hamas fighters whilst creating another 5000 to replace them. There needs to be another way. 

3 hours ago, amateur said:

Just corrected that for you.

Administrative detention without charge. 

52 minutes ago, oowee said:

I think maybe you need to take another look. Plenty of abuse going on. Don't get me wrong I am all for defence but it has to be proportionate and it should protect the innocent. The Hamas attack was clearly an attrocity but thats no excuse for carrying out another. This mad rush for revenge (all reminiscent of 911) is just fuelling the fire for revenge. I cant see it helps killing a 1000 Hamas fighters whilst creating another 5000 to replace them. There needs to be another way. Administrative detention without charge. 

Then it will have to be done again.....................

These terrorists recruite by teaching their children from an early age to hate anything that they do not agree withand how to kill people without remorse instead of letting them learn and judge for themselves. This has been the doctrine for years and do not know how it can be changed without more bloodshed to eradicate the cancer that is blind hatred of our values and the brainwashing of the children to carry on in grown up life to pass it on.

• welsh1 locked this topic