Cracker of the year before April the First

old man

Reported today, our esteemed politicos plan to give over £300.00 to every household that does not have a driveway on which to park their EV for charging?

Can someone please confirm my need to visit an optician?😆

They might have to stick another £300 on top of that to replace the ev chargers themselves .Huge rise in them getting cut off for the valuable copper content in the charging wire with scrap copper wire now reaching £7000 a ton. 

First we had catalytic convertor & dpf thefts now you can't even charge a scale electric car up. 😂

Our Country gets more like a dictatorship every day. The stupidity of the laws they are bringing in with these electric cars beggars belief, remember a few years ago when were told Diesel fuel was the way to go and all the manufacturers made Diesel cars. We should have the choice , Petrol, Diesel or Electric.

2 hours ago, countryman said:

Our Country gets more like a dictatorship every day. The stupidity of the laws they are bringing in with these electric cars beggars belief, remember a few years ago when were told Diesel fuel was the way to go and all the manufacturers made Diesel cars. We should have the choice , Petrol, Diesel or Electric.

We are certainly being driven towards that sort of society, tightly controlled for easy management with a benefit of huge profits for their mates?

2 hours ago, countryman said:

You have the choice. 

15 hours ago, old man said:

Reported today, our esteemed politicos plan to give over £300.00 to every household that does not have a driveway on which to park their EV for charging?

Can someone please confirm my need to visit an optician?😆

I am assuming that is to go towards the cost of having a driveway? a lot of modern houses don`t have a front garden long enough to park a car on and some none at all never mind the thousands of terraces.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

So to do this you need "an approved parking space" I wouldn't mind betting that will come at a significant cost to the applicant and cause problems in your average residential street.

8 hours ago, sportsbob said:

I am assuming that is to go towards the cost of having a driveway? a lot of modern houses don`t have a front garden long enough to park a car on and some none at all never mind the thousands of terraces.

Nope, Bob. Cost seemingly towards the electric point installation?

Smack me with a wet kipper to restore my sanity.

Very strangely a few weeks ago IIRC on dragons den some guys got backing to cut channels across pavements to install removable cables from property to kerb, If the relevant council agreed to it?

Just off to lie down. 🤣😂

13 hours ago, sportsbob said:

Are the ideas people the rejects from the apprentice..?  Totally  crazy ideas from people who have gotten into a position but aren't practical and haven't got a bloody clue. I notice that in the parish magazine there was a planning application to have an electrical charging point installed for a car.??  I asked a mate who is an electrician and he said that not only planning permission but you are supposed to have it installed by COMPETENT QUALIFIED INSTALLER due to the risk of a fire caused by the charging.  I  just thought that you'd  chuck an extension lead out there.  My neighbour has put in a car parking access into his garden and it has cost him in the region of 10K..!  The council wanted thousands for the legal  access across the grass verge and the planning and the accredited company to do the work just to his boundary.  All of the drive had to be redone by a second company because the first job was so bad that the KCC highways inspector wouldn't  pass the work...then the cost of muck away lorries and the standing materials.   NOW ..for something completely different.... A friend knows a land rover salesman and asked him to bring a demo vehicle to our shoot so that he could look at it.  We all looked at it.   The salesman said it's ONLY ... £850 A MONTH.  IT'S MORE A LIFE STYLE,,!.  We  noticed that on original land rovers the chequer plate on the top of the wings was substantial aluminium but on the new vehicle there was a flimsy bit of plastic cover and the wings were about as thick as a tin can.  The  inside was more like a high end car rather than a vehicle that would be at home up on a mud track or farm yard with a  couple of wet muddy dogs vying  for a seat. Don't forget it's a lifestyle. AND  IT COULD BE YOURS for ONLY £850 a MONTH..!  Life is getting crazy.

Edited by Minky