Any bikers in here??

BobbyH

Hi all!

Any bikers in here? Aside from the utmost love for shooting and guns, motorcycles are a close second in my list.

i currently own a 2010 Yamaha XJ6S Diversion and a 2011 Suzuki Burgman 400, along with 2 Lexmoto scooters im doing up to sell on for cheap.

i have been riding for close to 10 years, and i am planning on my first camping trip on the Burgman from Stafford up to the Peak District, camp overnight and back home again the day after. 

Recently “born again” biker in a very small way. 
Not had a bike since I sold the 500 BSA in 1971 but could not resist buying a new Honda Monkey 125. Clown’s bike. Just for fun. Locally. Put 1200 miles on it last year. Rain stopped play so far this year.

not rode bikes for years im 74 now,did pass my bike test in 1973 despite loseing my left lower leg,also been an hgv driver,recently got a cx500 honda trike to drive in summer also have a 1965 bsa bantam 175 on the rebuild,im nicely inbetween 3 sisters and aintree circuits to go watch the racing,i think it stays inn your blood.also just renovated a 600 yam 4.

32 minutes ago, London Best said:

Recently “born again” biker in a very small way. 
Not had a bike since I sold the 500 BSA in 1971 but could not resist buying a new Honda Monkey 125. Clown’s bike. Just for fun. Locally. Put 1200 miles on it last year. Rain stopped play so far this year.

Nice nice! I was tempted by a Honda Grom, and I had a CF70 back in 2003 for my first field bike when I was 13, loads of fun!

14 minutes ago, hawkfanz said:

not rode bikes for years im 74 now,did pass my bike test in 1973 despite loseing my left lower leg,also been an hgv driver,recently got a cx500 honda trike to drive in summer also have a 1965 bsa bantam 175 on the rebuild,im nicely inbetween 3 sisters and aintree circuits to go watch the racing,i think it stays inn your blood.also just renovated a 600 yam 4.

It 100% does stay in your blood! I love it! I am also a HGV driver, Class 1 and 2, ADR aswell…sorry to hear about the lower leg, but happy to hear it hasn’t stopped you with the bikes!

Had bikes since I was a teenager from 175cc to 1,000cc. Gave up road bikes in 2003, when a junior spill turned into septicaemia and MRSA. Had umpteen off road bikes - my last being a Honda CR500. My lads raced AMCA Experts and we have owned many bikes. Currently Honda CR500 (aluminium frame) x 2. a Beta Evo 300 trials and a Gas Gas TT trials.

I've been a motorcyclist (never a biker) for the past 57 years and still got the Rickman that I bought new in 1972, albeit now with an 850 Weslake engine.

I also have a Tigcraft that I am slotting a Suzuki XF650 engine into, to make something a little easier to manage, in recognition of now advancing years.

Edited by amateur

been riding since i was 7, im 49 now 😪

had allsorts over the years from c90's to cr500's 

currently have a tl1000r that im slowly restoring and a triumph speed triple as an everyday run around

Insured my first bike a Garelli 50 back in 1972 on my 16th birthday and iv'e been riding since then, I currently I have a Suzuki Katana 50cc scooter an Aprilla 125 and a Honda Blackbird it's something that never leaves you blood.

This is my Burgman, 400cc maxi-scooter, top box, panniers, huge under seat storage, heated seats, heated grips, leg wind deflectors, large Givi front screen.

its like an armchair, and a pleasure to eat up motorway miles!!

can happily sit at 70mph, only sitting at 5,200 rpm out of 8000rpm.

IMG_1317.jpeg

Had my first bike at the grand old age of 12 and up until I was about in mid 30's.

A mixture of off road and on road.

In order somewhat of the ones that I can remember. Bought, ridden and sold on as often as the wind blew when I was in my teens, some I kept for a few months, some for short weeks depending on whether I needed 'beer money', and sadly some I blew up up punishing them on the fields.

I suspect many in the post, like myself, now weep at what they had and let go for a 'pittance' which would now be worth a small fortune.

C50, C70, C90's

Fizzy 50 

GT 185

CR 125

KX100

CR250

YT125

YZF 600 X2

I miss the wind in my face!

Enjoy your ride out, it sounds Super.

Currently have a K5 GSXR 600 that I've had since 2006 it still looks showroom fresh and always bring a smile when I'm out on it. That pic was taken last year just heading down to Devils Bridge.

4L8A8696[1] (1).JPG

Edited by Eaf70

Been on two wheels for about 50 years starting off on step thrus going up and down the lonning to a fsie when I was 16, also had an ap50 when the fizzy seized, wow do these mopeds make money now, had a brand new kh250 which also seized!  loved my 400/4 used to race to work against a guy on a cb900, he used to leave me on the straights and I'd catch him up on the corners, had a british bitser firstly with a 3ta engine in a bsa a65 frame, then got a a65 engine, a right grot bike which lived up to its name winning many rally trophies, been to over 100 bike rallies, the furthest away in holland, been round europe to gp's and up to the nord cap(cold and wet).Had to sell all my bikes to fund house ownership but when I got a new job with more money thought I'd give hillclimbing a go so bought a kx250, super motoed it and went all over the country trying to win the NHCA 250cc class, damn only came second crashing on the last event of the year going for glory. Not going to give up went road racing the year later on the same bike, sometimes winning my class only for some numpty to knock me off in practice smashing my left leg, severe leg restriction movement meant I could only ride forward footrest bikes so bought a harley, now got a 1200 speedmaster bonneville, would go out on it if it would ever stop raining!!

47 minutes ago, welsh1 said:

Am on 3 wheels , recently got rid of my can am spyder RSS (the gold coloured one) for the new red touring one, we are off to the dordonge in the summer on it.

me black mountains.jpg

PXL_20240222_125847869.jpg

PXL_20240317_125653923.jpg

Now that is a machine. 👍

@r1steele Are they still made at Meriden? 

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Now that is a machine. 👍

@r1steele Are they still made at Meriden? 

These are made in Canada, they are can-am spyders, the old one was a 1000cc v twin, and it was the "sport " model 0-60 in 4.5 secs, and cornered like a go cart, the new one is a 1350 cc in line 3 and because it is heavier 0-60 is about 5-5.5 secs.
Both are rotax engines so all the power available in any gear if you are in the powerband.

They don't tilt when they go round corners.

1 hour ago, r1steele said:

They haven't been made in Meridian since the 80's, they're made in Hinckley now (and I think they have factories overseas aswell).

It's been a while since I was around there 😁

Still Hinkley is not so far and good to see it's still a British brand at heart. 

That 3-Wheeler is a seriously cool bit of kit!

it’s nice to see so many bikers sharing so many stories, and like some, I met bikes go for cheap, that would be worth big bucks now!

a 1970’s CF70 went for £10 in 2003

an MT-5 went for £20 in 2005