Bernard Hill (Yosser Hughes)

quite shocked....i remember him in Boys from the Black stuff............and all the other stuff and voice overs (indian railways) Lord of the rings etc /...............then all of a sudden ....he's 79 and dead

jeesus time goes so quick

27 minutes ago, islandgun said:

To Daniel the priest in the confessional "Im desperate Dan"... Head butting old shake hands in the pub. He had some great parts in his life, RIP Bernard

Still, one of my favourite , when he was looking for a job. " gives a job , I can do that "  " I am desperate for work , oh please call me Dan , oh OK  I am Desperate Dan "  the boys from the black stuff. 

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

quite shocked....i remember him in Boys from the Black stuff............and all the other stuff and voice overs (indian railways) Lord of the rings etc /...............then all of a sudden ....he's 79 and dead

jeesus time goes so quick

Indeed it does.

RIP Bernard Hill.

A great actor. When i saw the 2nd film in the Lord of the rings & saw him riding along that line of horses with his sword clashing on the spears it was as if the book i had read many times had come alive. He has gone to the halls of his father in whose mighty company he will feel no shame.

22 hours ago, islandgun said:

To Daniel the priest in the confessional "Im desperate Dan"... Head butting old shake hands in the pub. He had some great parts in his life, RIP Bernard

It's on You Tube. Very clever script writing to instantly turn grimness into slapstick farce and then back to grimness in less that a few seconds. It's here in this clip.