THE RESULTS !!!

ditchman

Where do Reform go from here.........

as i understand it....Reform will push for PR in parliament whilst Labour screw things up and mismanage the country and Reform will be circling like vultures.................

maybe.............

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe they go from strength to strength and hopefully seize power at the next election, unfortunately probably after a dismissal Labour term. 

Either that or they're going to have serious discussions with the Cons and a massive change in direction, probably with Farage in the party to hold them to account. 

52 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

There's no excitement for Labour, they've simply gained from the vacuum the Conservatives have left. 

Anyway, well done to Labour, it's time for us all to get behind them for the sake of the UK, I sincerely hope they make some positive changes to our country, it's desperately needed, but I've got to add, I have serious reservations. 

This. ^^^^

Reservations a plenty. The economy is trashed. 🤞 economic strategy. 

Surprises me that greens (whilst they have done better) don't have a much bigger share of the vote. 

Now Tory re think and reposition. 'Bald men fighting over a comb'. 

1 minute ago, Robden said:

How long before Labour get rid of Starmer??

and replace with whome...:lol:

on a lighter note    of this new intake clock set .....how many of the new labour tribe will be or turn into.......

1. greedy pigs
  2. liars
  3. kiddy fiddlers
  4. theives
  5. off-shore bankers
  6. rapists
  7. tried for sexual assualt
  8. sodamy in a public place
  9. abuse of rent boys
  10. bullying
  11. insider dealing
  12. deception
  13. arrogant self opionated

list goes on....................

42 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Which is a shame since they are now in power. The way I see it give them a chance and punish them at the polls if they don't deliver. 

Indeed and I have no choice in the matter, but as examples of what may happen that I will not be 'getting behind';

• Open doors immmigration
  • Cosying up to the EU with the intention of overturning "Brexit" (which has not yet really happened)
  • Increasing taxation
  • Relaxing rules on "industrial relations"
  • Bizarre notions around 'multiple genders'
  • Yielding to being run by union bullies (even though they may payroll your party)
  • Tougher fieldsports and firearms leglislation
  • Free hand on building on green belts
  • Rushed vastly expensive "Green" policies
  • Lowering the voting age
  • 'Wokery'

any many more.

What I will 'get behind' is the ongoing commitment to NATO, Israel, Ukraine.  Support for the Armed forces.  Support for the disabled and genuinely sick/in need.  Working towards energy independence (including using the oil resources we have).  Keeping the "triple lock".  Getting tough on 'crime' (though I don't see that happening)

2 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

and the country is virtually bankrupt.

Labour are used to that.  They have done it themselves almost every time they have been in power - and have increased unemployment every time as well.

We’re all going to be poorer under Labour - it has to end in catastrophe before there will be change. The weight of the state bill (civil service non performance, nhs, welfare etc) will crush Labour.

We now wait for rock bottom to see where we go from there 

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

Indeed and I have no choice in the matter, but as examples of what may happen that I will not be 'getting behind';

• Open doors immmigration
  • Cosying up to the EU with the intention of overturning "Brexit" (which has not yet really happened)
  • Increasing taxation
  • Relaxing rules on "industrial relations"
  • Bizarre notions around 'multiple genders'
  • Yielding to being run by union bullies (even though they may payroll your party)
  • Tougher fieldsports and firearms leglislation
  • Free hand on building on green belts
  • Rushed vastly expensive "Green" policies
  • Lowering the voting age
  • 'Wokery'

any many more.

What I will 'get behind' is the ongoing commitment to NATO, Israel, Ukraine.  Support for the Armed forces.  Support for the disabled and genuinely sick/in need.  Working towards energy independence (including using the oil resources we have).  Keeping the "triple lock".  Getting tough on 'crime' (though I don't see that happening)

Most of your bullet points were Conservative agendas to. They made all the promises and did the opposite. 

Reading your last paragraph it sounds like you voted for the wrong party and you should have voted Reform instead. 

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

it sounds like you voted for the wrong party and you should have voted Reform instead.

I live in a constituency where my vote doesn't matter - and in fact I'm not over enthusiastic about my MP.

The Tory party must now rebuild. Brexit, Covid , Johnson, truss have all hammered there nails in it’s coffin. It has lost it’s identity.

Labour won’t last long the will implode within 6 months. I suggest we try to keep on carrying on ! 

agriv8

Edited by Agriv8

9 hours ago, oowee said:

If the polls are correct you have to respect the work that Starmer has done to transform Labour. At the same time despair at the mess that the Tories have made of the last 14 years that put him there. 

Let's hope he can deliver. 

Do you think  he can ?

1 hour ago, Mice! said:

The public certainly will,  I've just seen on the news Lizz truss area, Labour won by 600 seats, call it 11,600 Labour,  11,000 Cons and 9000 Reform,  Labour will have won because unhappy voters have voted Reform, its not a surprise. 

Apparently it is a surprise to some.

1 hour ago, 12gauge82 said:

Farage/Reform looks set to be the new opposition, the only reason that's happened is because the Conservatives have moved to close to Labour in policy, they're virtually a uni party.  

Did you mean a new element to the opposition? Four seats so far, yeah massive 😂

4 minutes ago, Raja Clavata said:

Apparently it is a surprise to some.

Did you mean a new element to the opposition? Four seats so far, yeah massive 😂

The Conservatives are basically Labour, there has been no opposition. I think Reform were the third biggest share of the vote despite the lack of seats, all it'll take is a few more conservative voters to get on board at the next election and they are in. 

The fact they've only secured 4 seats shows how broken the system is. 

I predict a road crash for Labour who’ll call a new EU referendum towards the end of their term in an attempt to mess up Farage et al. 
No chance of proportional representation discussions early doors but who knows later on, unlikely in my view but hey ho.

1 minute ago, countryman said:

Labour never really had to do anything, the conservatives handed number 10 to them on a plate, they failed to listen to real people and real problems, the fuse is lit now.

Spot on.

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The Conservatives are basically Labour, there has been no opposition. I think Reform were the third biggest share of the vote despite the lack of seats, all it'll take is a few more conservative voters to get on board at the next election and they are in. 

The fact they've only secured 4 seats shows how broken the system is. 

I disagree on Labour and Conservatives being the same thing. May justify your Reform position but doesn’t wash with me.

There’s no point crying after the fact, Reform voters are supposed to be the enlightened ones😂