Jeremy Corbyn - Not Much of a Surprize

TIGHTCHOKE

never mind corbyn.....it looks like that mindless cretinous angela raynor is about to remove my 25% discount on my council tax (single occupancy)

jeesus christ ...what is it going to be like when we reach the autumn budget......

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

never mind corbyn.....it looks like that mindless cretinous angela raynor is about to remove my 25% discount on my council tax (single occupancy)

jeesus christ ...what is it going to be like when we reach the autumn budget......

Yes and I have also heard rumoured, your bus pass.

12 minutes ago, ditchman said:

Hello, What !!!!! where did you see/hear that Simon, That would run into millions of single people of all ages  or will that be just pensioners 🤔

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

Just now, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, What !!!!! where did you see/hear that Simon, That would run into millions of single people in UK

listen to the news..........only heard it 20 mins ago......."Raynor refuses to rule out the removal of the single 25% council tax discount)

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

How they can rob pensioners while the bill for illegal migrants rises daily is beyond me 🤢

Pensioners have a lower percentage of Labour voters than other sections of the electorate.  They (and that includes me) are going to be ground into poverty by every means they can.

Edited by JohnfromUK

7 minutes ago, JohnfromUK said:

Pensioners have a lower percentage of Labour voters than other sections of the electorate.  They (and that includes me) are going to be ground into poverty by every means they can.

Utterluly shameful. The party for the working class I think not. 

6 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

The party for the working class I think not.

Don't forget Starmer and Raynors weasel wording revolving round "working man".  They don't include pensioners in that.  They no longer 'work'.

The fact is that they can grind pensioners down and tax them into freezing to death - and they will loose few votes, so grinding down pensioners won't hurt Labours share of the votes.

Anyone who thought Labour was the party for those in retirement just needs to review what they said pre election and what Labour as a party have always done (clue - Gordon Brown raided pensions wheras Cameron & Co brought in the triple lock to protect them).

Labour want as many as possible in poverty - so they become dependant on the state and therefore much more likely to vote Labour.

Edited by JohnfromUK

I hope history looks back on this time and realises how utterly barbaric it was. At least that will mean we've progressed to a stage where people are treated fairly. 

Pensioners are vulnerable, when a working person's taxes go up, there's at least some options for them. When a pensioners money is cut, what choices do they have other than to eat or freeze. It's not like they can start working again 😡

34 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, What !!!!! where did you see/hear that Simon, That would run into millions of single people of all ages  or will that be just pensioners 🤔

All single occupiers, from my understanding.

It was on the news this morning.

2 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Pensioners are vulnerable, when a working person's taxes go up, there's at least some options for them. When a pensioners money is cut, what choices do they have other than to eat or freeze. It's not like they can start working again

That is all very much true.  If they are not likely to vote Labour, the Gov't couldn't really care less.  Why should they?

You can argue that with the 'more right orientated' parties, they hope to make things better overall - and so have a chance of attracting extra voters in the longer term.  History shows that as people age their political views (and votes) tend to drift to the right.

Labour want a big 'state apparatus' controlling all of the money and spending as they see fit (such as pay rises to big unions who finance them).  A big state apparatus means a big Civil Service - which is why the Civil Servants are so keen to support it and have frustrated the efforts of the more right leaning parties.

2 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, by records that is over 8 million, Lump that with 8 million pensioner loosing heating allowance that is 16 million peed off people

your maths isn't quite that simple there as a lot of pensioners will be single so you can't count them twice 😉

6 minutes ago, Penelope said:

All single occupiers, from my understanding.

It was on the news this morning.

So - so far under this Gov't - I have lost winter fuel payment - cost £200

I will loose my single occupiers discount - cost roughly £600

We are promised much higher FAC and SGC renewal costs

We have been 'threatened' with higher taxes on property with gardens, parking, large plot (i.e. typical rural properties) - cost unknown as yet

We will get higher energy and fuel prices due to 'net zero' which disproportionally affects the rural population

We have been 'threatened' with higher taxes on motoring - which again disproportionally affects the rural population

Overall - being 'old', single and living in a rural area (basically me!) is going to be very heavily penalised - but then we don't vote Labour - and never will.

43 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I hope history looks back on this time and realises how utterly barbaric it was. At least that will mean we've progressed to a stage where people are treated fairly. 

Pensioners are vulnerable, when a working person's taxes go up, there's at least some options for them. When a pensioners money is cut, what choices do they have other than to eat or freeze. It's not like they can start working again 😡

Hello, I know quite a few Pensioners still working just to get some extra money to help with the cost of living in 2024

Not even a pensioner yet, getting close but wonder by then what pension i will actually get if any despite having paid the full 35 years of national insurance. Given now apparently a pension is a benefit. I now begin to seriously regret the decision of staying in the u.k. when several years back i could have worked, retired and be living in europe.

1 hour ago, Rob85 said:

With how this budget is shaping up I may take out shares in vaseline because I think we are all going to be getting bent over by the government and given a right good seeing to. Winter of discontent anyone?

cant afford Vaseline............it will have to be lard.....or used cooking oil...

4 hours ago, JohnfromUK said:

So - so far under this Gov't - I have lost winter fuel payment - cost £200

I will loose my single occupiers discount - cost roughly £600

We are promised much higher FAC and SGC renewal costs

We have been 'threatened' with higher taxes on property with gardens, parking, large plot (i.e. typical rural properties) - cost unknown as yet

We will get higher energy and fuel prices due to 'net zero' which disproportionally affects the rural population

We have been 'threatened' with higher taxes on motoring - which again disproportionally affects the rural population

Overall - being 'old', single and living in a rural area (basically me!) is going to be very heavily penalised - but then we don't vote Labour - and never will.

i have heard....how much truth there is in it .....that the FAC/SGC could rise to in te region of £200 quid.......