The McRib (memory food)

welsh1

Now i know some of you will tell me off for processed food etc, but when i went to Germany in the early 80's as a young Sapper i had never had a McDonald's, posted to Osnabruck we used to drink quite a bit(ok shed loads) at the weekends, and the favourite quick snack in the Alt Stadt was to grab a McRib.when i eventually was posted back to the uk i was gutted that they didn't do a McRib, although they did have it in the late 90's, i remember on tour in Ireland from Germany buying one.

Anyway, the McRib is back so had to have one, a bit sweeter than i remember but still tasty, and lots of memories in each bite, i just posted the pic on facebook, and my mate reminded me that his first McDonalds was when we had a weekend in Hamburg,and his first item was a McRib.

PXL_20241018_121924582.MP.jpg

After all the publicity about the return of the macrib, I couldn't get one at the Mcdonalds on the M1, chap said he wasn't allowed to have two grills on at the same time.

I told him I thought he was a lazy **** and needed a rethink on "customer service"

Got one at the next Services though, thoroughly enjoyed it.

1 hour ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I must admit to thoroughly enjoying the Mcdonalds fries, I want them as hot as possible and covered in salt.

I always eat them first before I set about the burger.

i have them both together.............i luuuve a big mac now and again...........same with KFC

McRib? Takes me straight back to 1992.

The only McDonalds to bother with these days is the one at Liverpool Street Station.

Every other restaurant appears to be a tired franchise run on a shoestring with cold food, cold anaemic chips and disappointingly bad food that you only eat when you’re starving, unplanned and out of options and which you then immediately regret as soon as you’ve finished.

6 minutes ago, Mungler said:

McDonalds is a tired franchise run on a shoestring with cold food, cold anaemic chips and disappointingly bad food that you only eat when you’re starving, unplanned and out of options and which you then immediately regret as soon as you’ve finished.

Corrected it for you 😉 🤣

On 18/10/2024 at 13:57, welsh1 said:

Now i know some of you will tell me off for processed food etc, but when i went to Germany in the early 80's as a young Sapper i had never had a McDonald's, posted to Osnabruck we used to drink quite a bit(ok shed loads) at the weekends, and the favourite quick snack in the Alt Stadt was to grab a McRib.when i eventually was posted back to the uk i was gutted that they didn't do a McRib, although they did have it in the late 90's, i remember on tour in Ireland from Germany buying one.

Sorry, not food related - but did you start out at Old Park Barracks?  

10 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

I had one today for the first time … can’t say I’d bother again. 

But many of us remember them from before and like Welsh1, we are reliving good memories associated with that flavour.

5 minutes ago, claydodger said:

While working away from home during the 70's and 80's McDonalds was a place we freqented often, seem to remember they tasted a little better than they do today.

Most takeaway places did, back in the day. I remember Burgerking appearing on Lewisham high street, and the smell of the beefburgers on the griddle wafting along past the shops ,,,, it was heavenly 😃😋 Tasted good too ! I've had the unfortunate experience recently of McD's and B'king,,,, the former blocked me up for 3 days and made me feel awful,,,, the latter went in the bin after 2 mouthfuls !!!

Both will never again pass my lips,,,, KFC is also included in that list ! I won't go into details of that experience during this summer 🤢😵💫

Can't say I have ever had a Mc rib , I am not a great burger fan and haven't had a fast food one for a few years , not sure what they are like now but I always preferred Burger King to Mc Donald's , slightly off track , the best ones we ever had were at Zaks , the Yankee Traveler . 😛