What to do

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

talk about ppl trying to stir the poo , why not let it drop now instead of jumping on the band wagon .........

You must be joking. :lol:

Anyone want their coat holding? Ice cream and crisps in the intermission. :lol::yes:

:lol: I assume that you have a catering license? I would hate to see it revoked for posts of this nature! :lol:

Back to the original question if you dug a deep hole chuck the damaged round in then fill it back in again should be fine :lol: still dont know how you managed to bend the round chambering it though :lol:

As for mungler this fourm would be a lot duller without the chap as strange as he is :lol:

• 3 months later...

dont bury the round some metal detector freak may find it then bang when his spade hits it when digging

why not try a small pipe cutter and cut the neck of the case then pop off the bullett and empty it then oil insde the case to kill priming compound

just a thought

Guest Mr Pieman

Take it to your local police station and hand it in. If they don't have a 'blast bin', they'll get it moved to a station that does :-) Burying it is not an option, for all sorts of reasons :-)

Christ is this one still raging?

I assume (and please correct me if I am wrong) that this whole thread started off about a .17 round? The same .17 round that is about an inch long and about a 1/4" diameter?

Have you still got it?

The chances of it ever being found if you slung it in a river or ditch are about the same as getting pulled over in your car for a random knife search.

We haven't heard from Shotgun Harry lately, did he ever find Mungler?

I heard that Mungler doesn't really exist. He is a planted MI5 spy who has a number not a name.

• 6 months later...
Wipe your prints off it, then hand it to someone you don't like and ask him to have a look at it. Be careful not to put your dabs on it when he passes it back to you. Later pop it in an evelope and write the prime minister's name on it (the round) and post it to 10 Downing Street (see if you can get a strand of his hair under the stamp for good measure [for example])

Job done, 2 birds with one stone :good:

this man is barking mad, how do you come up with them mungler, **** :):lol:

Wipe your prints off it, then hand it to someone you don't like and ask him to have a look at it. Be careful not to put your dabs on it when he passes it back to you. Later pop it in an evelope and write the prime minister's name on it (the round) and post it to 10 Downing Street (see if you can get a strand of his hair under the stamp for good measure [for example])

Job done, 2 birds with one stone :good:

I quite like the fact you're a solicitor, so at least I can trust you slightly on that fact... :)

Back to the main subject: Just bury the round or drop it into water for 72 hours.

Bloody hell, does these .17 rounds kick up a fuss or what?

If they are not being shot at moving targets, there is boxing fight on how they must be destroyed.

And Mungler, don`t worry about Shotgun Harry, he can`t help that his IQ is smaller then his shoe size (Oh, and Harry this was just a joke)

This is just for Shotgun Harry.

Definition of a joke:

1. Something said or done to evoke laughter or amusement, especially an amusing story with a punch line.

2. A mischievous trick; a prank.

3. An amusing or ludicrous incident or situation.

4.Informal.

a. Something not to be taken seriously; a triviality: The accident was no joke.

b. An object of amusement or laughter; a laughingstock: His loud tie was the joke of the office.

Take the round to your local nick (remember to take your FAC with you!) and watch them panic. I took some 44 mag in about 20 yrs ago and they refused to take em :good:

Other than that, drill a small hole in the case with a dremel or similar, then soak in thin oil (wd40 is ideal) for 72hrs. I would then just cut it in half with plier and bin it.

You can forget a Kinetic hammer, they just will not move.

If you have a few to dispose of I would drop them into an RFD mate,

I'm pretty sure my RCBS hammer specifically states do not use with rimfire ammunition. Personally I would have thrown it in a river.