Olympics

mickeylove

Just watched it on TV, how the **** do we compete with that in 4 years time?

easy just ditch our human rights charter, get a million slaves, confine them to work day and night for nowt,destroy villages towns remove occupants by force, and do not rehome or compensate, import each and every commodity you can, paying slightly over the odds for it thus driving the prices up for others, (remember no labour costs so still ends up costing less for the finished article) surprising what slavery can accomplish look at the pyramids, and mcdonalds?

cheers KW

easy just ditch our human rights charter, get a million slaves, confine them to work day and night for nowt,destroy villages towns remove occupants by force, and do not rehome or compensate, import each and every commodity you can, paying slightly over the odds for it thus driving the prices up for others, (remember no labour costs so still ends up costing less for the finished article) surprising what slavery can accomplish look at the pyramids, and mcdonalds?

cheers KW

men don't have any human rights!

But we could try very bright lights so you can see **** all <_<

I was out when it started and missed the first hour.

When I started watching it I was impressed and then it came to the bit were the 2000

matial arts (kung fu) guys were doing there set piece.

Very impressive and I said so to my daughter.

I said I bet that they must of been training for months to get that good.

3 years was her reply. they had been trianing for three years to get that

bit correct.

Makes you think how we can compete with the athletes if the dancers were practiceing

fpr 3 years some of the athletes must have been born into it.

taz.

I really don't think we will, we won't even be topping them in architectural terms from what is planned - boring structures!!

Our opening cermony will probably look like the Telly Tubbies in comparison!! But if that means that ALL that money isn't wasted (personally I reckon that a better 30 min - 1 hr cermony would be better anyway) it may not be a bad thing.

wonder if we will see any shooting disciplines on the telly??? <_<

Just watched the 10m airrifle and Czech shooter Katerina Emmons took Gold, the first in the games, when she shot the first 400 straight !!!

She was so focused that it took her a second or two after her last shot before she could give the smallest of smiles to her husband.

wonder if we will see any shooting disciplines on the telly??? :good:

Just watched the 10m airrifle and Czech shooter Katerina Emmons took Gold, the first in the games, when she shot the first 400 straight !!!

She was so focused that it took her a second or two after her last shot before she could give the smallest of smiles to her husband.

Here - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00cmq5v/episodes/2008

Spectacular as it was I hope we don't compete with them, my tax bill is high enough as it is. The cost of hosting the Olympics gets higher and higher as each country tries to outdo the last.

As much as I enjoy the games I don't want to see us in the red because of them.

We can do better China faked it the fireworks http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/20080811/...tv-3fd0ae9.html

One small part was "engineered", because they were concerned that the fireworks on that segment may not have worked. :hmm:

I call that commonsense, not fakery.

If you want something to pick about, wait until its over here, I guarantee you there will be loads of things for you to choose from.

Remember the Millenium Dome. :sly: