Pump Action..

el-chimbo

i love my browning pump 12 bore in my opinion havving a classy gun is nice but more importantly having a gun you use and are capable with is most important i have taken mine on clays and faired well against guys with there fancy shmancey o/u and semis i still want a O/U but in the mean time i can do every thing i need and want to do with my pump including propane tanks over a open flame with slugs LOL what better way to ring in the new year :blink:

I would go with the Benelli Nova or supernova, tough as old boots but a little to modern looking for some I suspect, but it will keep on working, I have seen many worn out mossberg's the alloy receiver being its weakness over time, the old 870 is ok but again suffers from some weak parts within the trigger group made from cheap pressed steel, 870 owners please dont jump down my throat as I still have one & it works well so long as you replace the worn parts & keep some spares, the browning BPS is a tough pump also but can be hard to find now, so its an Italian design for me all the way.

N

Reason i'm asking is that i'v had my mossy 500 for years, and I would put my life on it working time and time again..

but...

i'v just bought a benelli nova super magnum, and it's the NUTS! A truly amazing gun!

but, one of them needs to go to make room for more new toys..

27 years ago , when i was 15 my first ever shotty was a Mossberg ATP8-- 8 shot !!! :lol: so realy one in the chamber and 8 in the mag ==9 shots

it had a rifled barrel for slugs and iron sights !!! :/

KIN ELL wish i still had it, like an idiot i traded it in for a Winchester 5 shot when i was a young and very stupid 17 year old. :lol:

wish the old times were back !!!!! :blink:

shaun

Edited by rec-baller

my mossy is an old school model, not the cheap, poor finished guns they put out now..

its a ringed down 8 shot, 24'' slugster barrel with iron sights..

there is not a single mark on it, considerin it was made in the 80's..

I know i'd never find another like it..

looks like I just might be buyin myself another brattonsound 7/8 gun safe..

Oh Make minne a remmington 870 wingmaster! if it's good enough for a heap of police forces because it's sooo reliable and there's soo many bolt on goodies. It's the Landrover of the gun world :lol:

Remember police & military forces buy the cheapest & not always the best, the mossberg & Remington may be used by some armed forces but it will be the budget that is the deciding factor in the main & not its ability to last.

I agree the 870 is the landrover of the gun world, its a 1950's design that needs constant maintenance & are a gun/car for enthusiast's only while everyone else buys something better. :hmm:

I base my opinion on many years on the practical circuit where all guns get a severe beating, mossbergs crash in short order & I know of none that last more than a few short years of hard use, (Slugs are especially hard on mossbergs) the action wears out because its alloy & the bolt becomes sloppy & then causes extraction problems.

The 870 is not that bad but will eat its way through a box full of extractors & shell latches, this may be something you can live with but after its cost you a match or two you will dump it for something better.

The Winchester 1200/1300 is a good gun but unfortunately its another old design & getting hard to find now.

The Benelli is hard to beat both there pump guns & their M1 & M2 Auto's are the guns of choice for most top PSG shooters.

You may not shoot many rounds rough shooting & as such the long term problems I have highlighted may not be evident for some time after purchase but they will occure eventually if you use you guns hard enough, so if you need to work your gun to the extreme then the Benelli Supernova pump or M1/M2 Auto's are the guns to buy.

N

Edited by neil smith