Nomination For The Worst Gun Shop In Britain

Blackbart

Bucks gun shops (in my experience)

Frederick Beesley's, Donaldson's and Oxford Gun Co....bad service (feels like they're only bothered if you're spending a LOT of money)

Stockcraft's in Milton Keynes...good service (will give good advice, friendly, well stocked and good prices too!)

Anyone else had similar experience with these shops?

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure a couple of people on here will know my complete distaste in Park Street Guns.

The fact that the customer service is excellent is quite simply a fantastic way to stop people complaining about the price of everything. :good:

I have bought the following:

32g size 6 cartridges - £6.50 a box :yes:

22-250 bullets - £24 for 20 (this has now gone to £28!!!!) :hmm:

500 22lr bullets £45 :D

Scope mount £50 :lol:

I got laughed at down the phone when I said I could order chokes for my gun at £7 a pop. (They rang back and apologised when they realised I was right) :lol:

Also, I bought a rifle from Broomhills. When I went to PSG to get more (rip off) ammo I was told "could 'av got you that gun for £100 cheaper from us" :oops:

It turns out there's a shop about 15 miles away that sells 22-250 bullets for £12, I'll be saving 50p a bullet! :)

Edited by harfordwmj

I'm sure a couple of people on here will know my complete distaste in Park Street Guns.

The fact that the customer service is excellent is quite simply a fantastic way to stop people complaining about the price of everything. :good:

I have bought the following:

32g size 6 cartridges - £6.50 a box :yes:

22-250 bullets - £24 for 20 (this has now gone to £28!!!!) :hmm:

500 22lr bullets £45 :D

Scope mount £50 :lol:

I got laughed at down the phone when I said I could order chokes for my gun at £7 a pop. (They rang back and apologised when they realised I was right) :lol:

Also, I bought a rifle from Broomhills. When I went to PSG to get more (rip off) ammo I was told "could 'av got you that gun for £100 cheaper from us" :oops:

It turns out there's a shop about 15 miles away that sells 22-250 bullets for £12, I'll be saving 50p a bullet! :)

Just out of interest where is this new shop you have found?? can you get some prices for other ammo (17 HMR, 12g etc) while your there please..

Just out of interest where is this new shop you have found?? can you get some prices for other ammo (17 HMR, 12g etc) while your there please..

garyb pointed me towards it http://www.stutleygun.co.uk/index.html they're really friendly on the phone and they seem to have loads of stock of ammo.

Stutley Gun Shop, 26 Whitehorse Street, Baldock, Hertfordshire SG7 6QQ

All of you ought to go and try Colchester Shooting Centre. You will never think another shop is bad after that.

The shop is run by an arrogant **** they are overpriced and the customer service is non existent. They will never order anything in specially and will only sell the items on their stock list.

garyb pointed me towards it http://www.stutleygun.co.uk/index.html they're really friendly on the phone and they seem to have loads of stock of ammo.

Stutley Gun Shop, 26 Whitehorse Street, Baldock, Hertfordshire SG7 6QQ

They are friendly and knowledgeable, and filled a niche in the area as for me PSG are not great having been ripped off a few times I've not bothered going back. Service was ok unless they had "better" customers to deal with

I have to say i'm pretty shocked with some of the comments about Deep Blue, i've been several times and also bought a shotgun there (got a £350 discount as they do price matching and a free skeet vest, ammo bag and 250 cartridges!) That said each time i was there i was dealing with the Scottish bloke in his 30's and he couldn't have helped me more. It should also be noted that apart from him and one other bloke no-one else in the shop knows anything about the firearms section, they are with the diving stuff.

I did notice that the other sales assistants in the shop are, to put it bluntly, charvers (thats chav's to anyone outside the North East) and i wouldn't even attempt to ask them anything in the first place! And on that subject, do the people who have had bad experiences there have southern accents?? You have to appreciate that in many places in the North-East you're classed as a cockney if you live south of Middlesbrough and as such will be treated with the same distain that many southerners treat Geordies in their 'manor'! :):good:

Mark

funny i had very friendly service in Donaldsons (it was only Donaldson the younger in there at the time), nice guy and very helpful. I did buy a Teknys though, so perhaps it is only if you're spending the cash

I too have always been pleased in my dealings with Donaldsons.

ZB

"do the people who have had bad experiences there have southern accents??" Naa - ah divvn't

Ha ha! What about a Mackem accent then? With some people/places the xenophobia runs deep! :)

Seriously though, if you find yourself HAVING to go back there speak to the Scottish guy, always been sound with me :good:

"do the people who have had bad experiences there have southern accents??"

Breastman shouldn't matter what accents they have, their money is all the same.

Still, dont think they will last to long with the customer friendly staff they have.

You're absolutely right, it shouldn't matter about your accent, what you look like, the car you drive etc etc but the plain fact is, sometimes it does!

Mark

"Seriously though, if you find yourself HAVING to go back there speak to the Scottish guy, always been sound with me good.gif"

I must admit I could not fault him either,both friendly & helpful with me. :hmm:

The numpty i spoke to seemed to be the one in charge as he was directing the other "staff"(chavs) anyway i can see i am not the only one who only went there once.

Its a pity cos i like to share my money out between the local ones and i thought i would give them a try.Bradford stalker gets most of my loot but i have bought from bywell,weldon,dinnington,even bagnalls in town(stupidly expensive though).You would think the way things are going they would be bending over backwards for your custom,but apparently not!

Sporting and General in Shrewsbury has to be the worst I have come across. They sell utter rubbish in the airgun section to newbies for massively inflated prices. I paid about £80 over the RRP of a Cometa air-rifle when I started shooting. They have not treated the FAC-holding members of my family any better. If you want to bulk-buy ammo, even .22LR they will treat you with such utter disdain it is unbelievable. It's almost as if they don't want ammo-buying customers full-stop.

I'd rather go to Minsterley to buy a shotgun or even George Bates in Stafford. At least Bates sell decent stuff and help newbies out even if their prices on guns are a little high.

mr_colt.

I drive past York guns to buy from Richards at Pocklington, a couple of years ago I was standing in York guns with a handfull of cash, my licence and a new shotgun on the counter,

the bloke serving went to chat to a another customer who had dropped in, he wasnt buying anything, but then neither did I, took my cash and licence and went.

anything rifle I buy from Bradford stalking. Have always had good service.

Richards stay open until 9pm on thursdays for after work visits.

• 7 months later...

i know this reply is a little late but i would like to point out that park street guns are a good shop just becaurse they cant please all,( which no one can)dont merit making them a bad shop, i have dealt with them for many years and always found them fair. to the guy who wanted cheaper ammo for .17 try the barn shop at royston, £11 per box and they do some at £8 per box however the guy didnt recomend them, you will find them helpful there and ready to do a deal. i agree stutleys are also good with a very jovial customer relationship.no sorry my friend i didnt ask the make i was just feeling out the prices as i have put down a deposit on a .17 there i see your from hitchin were nabours i"m in offley

Edited by luace