Alcohol..........why

death from below

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Port hangovers are probably second only to tequila hangovers in my book.

The last one I had was due to a fair wadge of port supped carefully in the mess the night before I had to sit my commissioning board. To this day I don't know whether I passed the board because of the drinking that night, or whether I was still capable of talking in a coherent manner to a seven man board of colonels and majors.

Last night's festivities involved a bottle of finest Romanian Cab Sav. And maybe a beer. Thank goodness for tea and fried eggs...

Thats it. After over twenty tears of swiging lager9and at the ripe age of 38) I am seriously going to have to consider a diferent poison. Felt like **** all morning......chucked up once already.....and thats after only six Carlings.....The ale option will need to be investigated I reckon, will have to start growing a beard and wearing knitted jumpers :good:

Thats it. After over twenty tears of swiging lager9and at the ripe age of 38) I am seriously going to have to consider a diferent poison. Felt like **** all morning......chucked up once already.....and thats after only six Carlings.....The ale option will need to be investigated I reckon, will have to start growing a beard and wearing knitted jumpers :good:

DFB

I am assuming that you went out to the Red Lion or similar last night ?

Having worked in a pub in the past, I would advise that if your hangovers are bad it is because of the draft lager on tap and their dodgy dirty pipes.

It is more expensive, but to avoid the hangover, try drinking a bottled lager / bitter next time, you'll notice the difference :hmm:

I also lived in a pub when younger. Didn't mind the alcohol so much, but that sour tasting fog of rancid smoke that used to hang around when you walked in early next morning...........

My exposure was at a time when kegged beer was a rarity and it was all cask ales.

The smell of stale"real beer" in the morning made me feel nauseous, I must admit the stale smoke didn't help. :good:

My uncle used to work on the steel rolling mills in Sheffield - so was an 8 pints at lunchtime and another 8 after work bloke.

He explained that he needed it to replace all the liquid that he sweated off.

He did take me to the pub a couple of times - but I opted out after 3!!!

DFB

I am assuming that you went out to the Red Lion or similar last night ?

Having worked in a pub in the past, I would advise that if your hangovers are bad it is because of the draft lager on tap and their dodgy dirty pipes.

It is more expensive, but to avoid the hangover, try drinking a bottled lager / bitter next time, you'll notice the difference :good:

Started at Weatherspoons, then chequers followed by red lion and finishing up in the ivory rooms.....followed by a Kambles takeaway and five crackers with cheese watching late TV.....then of to bed to annoy the missus with my drunken snoring.

Port hangovers are probably second only to tequila hangovers in my book.

The last one I had was due to a fair wadge of port supped carefully in the mess the night before I had to sit my commissioning board. To this day I don't know whether I passed the board because of the drinking that night, or whether I was still capable of talking in a coherent manner to a seven man board of colonels and majors.

Last night's festivities involved a bottle of finest Romanian Cab Sav. And maybe a beer. Thank goodness for tea and fried eggs...

Port, (cheap) red wine or brandy hangovers - In fact, any dark wine or spirit - You need to rehydrate as with all alcohol, but also add as much vitamin C as possible - Any alcohol depletes your vitamin content, but these do especially - Hence the tumour-like feeling in the morning.

Top tips:

1) Sneak a soft drink in if you can - Glass of water in between pints works wonders.

2) Milk Thistle tablets - bloody marvellous things - Get 'em from Holland and Barett and they help keep your liver and kidneys in tip top condition processing the alcohol

3) If all else fails and you can get away with it, have a large bloody mary and come down slowly

Although i dont drink no where near as much as i used to in my yoof,but i must admit to having a slight fixation with Budweiser and can drink it until i collapse.I know im gonna get ripped for it,but i like it. :good:

And so you should. :oops:

Abbott Ale at the moment. Possibly a bit strong for Hunter as it's a whopping 5% (:P) but once he gets his stabilisers off i'm sure it'll be an option.

:P Thats sad dude....

i know mate, but i had to be in the office at 0530 this morning :oops:

Tonight my friend, i shall be drinking the black stuff, and lots of it.

PS, sorry in advance for tonights gibberish :good:

I went out for a birthday meal with one of the other halfs mates (it was her birthday too this week) and had a couple of drinks. What a let down, it was all you can eat indian and I only had three plate fulls. Anyone who knows me will tell you that was pathetic, I just couldn't fit any more in :good:

I only had a double Brandy, a shot of Drambuie and one Sambuca. It really cut down my apitite. I don't really understand it. I'm usually first in the kabab house after a night out, not that I get out like that much these days as it's not really my thing to get wasted.

i know mate, but i had to be in the office at 0530 this morning :oops:

Tonight my friend, i shall be drinking the black stuff, and lots of it.

PS, sorry in advance for tonights gibberish :good:

i wish i was able to post gibberish tonight. i had a blazing row with the gf this afternoon, she doesnt approve of me drinking so much. you can imagine what my response to that was.... :P

If she was doing something you really didn't like, you'd appreciate her calming it down a bit wouldn't you? What's more important, your mrs or Beer? Answer Beer and there's a problem!

na its ok, she's just having a freak out session today, i only get properly **** faced once a month (if even that), in fact i do most of my drinking during the week when shes at work (works evenings) so she doesnt even be there! :good:

Thats it. After over twenty tears of swiging lager9and at the ripe age of 38) I am seriously going to have to consider a diferent poison. Felt like **** all morning......chucked up once already.....and thats after only six Carlings.....The ale option will need to be investigated I reckon, will have to start growing a beard and wearing knitted jumpers :oops:

Ale is the drink of men. Lager? :good: Good for getting battered but otherwise why drink that tasteless filth? :P

the worst hangover i ever had was when i went to watch the rascals play in liverpool when one of my mates band got the supporting slot at the gig ! i drank a 2 cans at home, a 350ml bottle of famous grouse on the way there and had 4 beers in there, had to be up at 9am the following morning to go and see the grandparents in preston :good:

When i was the mere girl .

I used to love the smell of beer on the mans breath.

Used to be a bit of the turn on for me (dont know why)

But now i find it repulsive.

I think it stems from being chatted up by men in nightclubs who suddenly thought they were gods gift to women. They would reek of beer and vomit. :hmm: :And had the fun size mars bar in their pocket. :good:

O happy days :lol::lol::lol:

xxxSuzy

Just had a thought was i a beer goggle girl. :blink:

Edited by Mrs Sweepy

college is not good for drinking, wednesday is student nite in exmouth so were out most weeks. cheep cheep drinks, weatherspoons do pints of ale for a quid regularly, and relatively cheap lager. then onto the bars for some shots etc and then onto the club. one of the clubs is a quid a shot for anything so its a cheap night.

and then thursdays are generally disco nights, this basically equals a bottle of vodka mixed with tescos KICK. evil stuff but ive gotten quite used to it. well and trully gets u blatted and i generally dont have a hang over, only after i start mixing lol

while ago was working at the plymouth oktoberfest, my pay for both days was as much ale as i could drink and as much hog roast as i could eat.

now that was an epic day, me and mate working the bar were well and trully blatted by 10 30 lol cant really remember most of the day lol