SUSHI!!!

MM

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it, I go to london once a month with my work, and have to watch the sushi bar at paddington station as I dash past going to my hotel. mind you the hotel ALWAYS puts a spread with sushi on for us :good:

KW

The very thought of any shell fish makes me gag and sushi has the same effect. villent vomiting would follow any attempt to eat it ! :good:

At best cooked i can manage: cod or hake from the chippy, pollock, sammon and tuna.

Dad catches trout regularly but i cant stand it.

I wish i liked mackerel as i love fishing for them but i didnt like it when i was youger and cant bring myself to try it again and it always makes my tummy turn when i see smoked mackeral all yellow and split open :good:

I love it, though it is indeed true that the UK does have some way to go to match sushi in Japan. I have found a few sushi spots in the USA that are pretty good, though they do have a tendency to really go for some **** sauces etc thinking it is somehow better that way.

My faves are sashimi and nigiri really, where you can appreciate the true flavour of the fish itself.

The very thought of any shell fish makes me gag and sushi has the same effect. villent vomiting would follow any attempt to eat it ! :good:

At best cooked i can manage: cod or hake from the chippy, pollock, sammon and tuna.

Dad catches trout regularly but i cant stand it.

I wish i liked mackerel as i love fishing for them but i didnt like it when i was youger and cant bring myself to try it again and it always makes my tummy turn when i see smoked mackeral all yellow and split open :good:

I suppose I cant tempt you to a winkle sandwhich then?

KW