What .22lr do you chaps recommend

storsey

I have been shooting for about 6 months and my first rifle was a Brno mod 2, first thing I did was fit a trigger kit which transformed it no end.

I also shoot prone at a local club so bought a Anschutz match 54 the other day, as standard the trigger is very light and crisp but with my limited skills behind them at 100 yards there is nothing in it. I'm shooting at 1 inch targets and getting tight groups with both rifles.

For the money the Brno is a cracking rifle and it's pretty good looking too!!!

Prefer older/traditional build quality. Steel & wood.

First .22 (rifle) was the bottom of the range Anschutz (1450??).

Traded it for a BRNO Model 2....which I've only recently off-loaded to the RFDs to sell (after more than 20 years)....as found an even older BRNO Model 1 instead.
Also have a very tasty Browning Buckmark carbine..I like the design as its not too far removed from my much missed S&W M41 pistol

For an even older rifle, for classic shoots, I have a WW2 British Army issue, Mossberg 42M-B.

A relatively inexpensive entry model to the world of military training rifles.

Modern CZ = not for me thanks
Never have or ever will own a Ruger 10/22 either.

My FIRST .22?
A Colt Diamondback, 4" blued.

Edited by saddler

Take a look at the Anschutz on Gun Trader. 14" carbine. Complete with scope, moderator and sling. Looks well looked after. £410. private seller. Needs checking but possibly a bargain.

I'm not sure if we're allowed to link to gun trader here but I've just looked and there's one in Kent for £370, is that the one you saw at a reduced price?

If I was on the look out then I'd snap this up.

Thanks again fellas I will post the pics as soon as I pick it up .... I'm also thinking of getting a trigger kit .... Can anyone suggest one ?

Rimfire Magic or the original Yo Dave. I went for the Yo Dave kit. It arrived in about a week, and came in at not much more than the Rimfire Magic kit. I don't imagine there's much to choose between the two, but I'm very happy with the results with the Yo Dave. :yes:

http://www.yodaveproducts.com/

http://www.yodaveproducts.com/trigger-kit-installation-instructions.html

One thing to watch for ...... don't make the trigger too light, because you'll probably pull the bolt straight out the back of the action every time you eject the old cases if you do. ;)

Edited by Les*1066

Take a look at the Anschutz on Gun Trader. 14" carbine. Complete with scope, moderator and sling. Looks well looked after. £410. private seller. Needs checking but possibly a bargain.

Didn't think that would be around for long. At the reduced price of £370 - less any bargaining - someone got a real bargain.