ankle straps to keep trousers from getting ruined?

HuskyRich

Just bought two new pairs of hunting trousers but problem is i've got right little stumpy legs and they are waaay too long and i keep treading on the bottoms when walking.
For now, I've been using cable ties, but was just wondering if theres any proper sort of ankle straps that I can keep the bottom of my trousers tidy and not flopping around everywhere as they will get ruined.
Only other option is to turn them up and sew them to length which I don't want to do.

All I can find is those cycling ankle clips which aren't up to the job and are usually reflective... :no:

Tuck 'em in your boots? Gaiters? Shooting socks?

I tried tucking them into my boots, but they always seem to work loose, especially when walking through woods and its a pain to keep stopping and taking boots off to tuck them back in again only for them to come out 15 mins later...

that wonderweb looks like good stuff, but I don't want to permanently turn them up as they are zipped and buttoned up the side and its handy to still be able to undo them if need be.

WW2 paratroopers would "blouse" the trouser legs....the things to use were easily obtained from the medical section or local chemists

The things to use noe are "trouser blousers"

Look like twisted mini bungee cord with a couple of hooks.

May have a set or two spare from earlier days....but last time I looked they were about a quid a pair

Didnt you realize that they would be too long when you spent your hard earned, tut tut, :rolleyes:

You cant turn them up because of the zip up the side :no:

How about wearing high heals :yes:

Or as suggested take them to a pro and get them altered, some dry cleaners do that for a small fee, :good:

Didnt you realize that they would be too long when you spent your hard earned, tut tut, :rolleyes:

You cant turn them up because of the zip up the side :no:

How about wearing high heals :yes:

Or as suggested take them to a pro and get them altered, some dry cleaners do that for a small fee, :good:

Well, the first pair I got I just assumed I'd be able to stick em in me boots or find some sort of strap (which until now I've just been using cable ties).

The second pair I got after I bought a jacket from a shop and decided I wanted the matching trousers which I had to get online, So I didn't know the length till I got em.

hey ho.

I bought some neoprene gaiters and they work well, although a little on the narrow side.

Would love to get some proper ex military putted or gators, but they are like hens teeth to find

The neoprene gators came from a company in Finland, and I just ordered them over the web

Edited by Redditch

Here's the direct link to the ankle gaiters, only 7.00 a set (about £4.50) And you can pay with PayPal too

http://www.wildlandshop.com/hunting/miscellaneous-c-27.html

WildlandShop.com sells practical hunting gear from it´s webshop.

We ship to all EU countries. We are located in Helsinki, Finland.

WildlandShop.com

Business ID: 2262573-0

Address (no store):

WildlandShop.com

Siltavoudintie 9b 12

00640 HELSINKI

FINLAND

tel. 00358 453558431 (English only)

E-mail: webshop@wildlandshop.com (English only)

Please, contact primarily via email or contact form. Thank you.

Edited by Redditch

Thumbs_Up.png

Cheers guys will try those trouser twists (seems to be what they're called now), or otherwise will look for some velcro straps of some sort.

I hate having midget legs, even short length trousers are always too bloomin long :oops:

Haha don't worry, same as me! I often turn up trousers and then tuck into walking socks. Even the 'short' trouser are to long for me too. I just got another suit - 42short slimfit jacket and 29in leg trousers n still needed another couple of inches off haha.

Haha don't worry, same as me! I often turn up trousers and then tuck into walking socks. Even the 'short' trouser are to long for me too. I just got another suit - 42short slimfit jacket and 29in leg trousers n still needed another couple of inches off haha.

First time I saw you was at Catton i thought you were a little "Umpa-Lumpa" I thought to myself "Ahh Isn't he cute" :lol:

First time I saw you was at Catton i thought you were a little "Umpa-Lumpa" I thought to myself "Ahh Isn't he cute" :lol:

Haha! :-) thanks Dougy, I do come from loompaland. :-). I think my body just forgot to grow after I turned 9, has some advantages though Edited by Mentalmac