sleep hours per night ?

holly

another stange thing is i start work at different times never knowing till the night before sometimes 8 somtimes 5 sometimes 7 theres never a pattern i never set an alarm clock and never sleep in ? always up at least an hour before i set off :good:

I used to work nights years ago with a bloke called Andy. All he ever did when he got home after a shift was to have an hour on the settee and then get up and get on with his day. Usually out to play golf. Never saw him yawn or look tired ever, and even at 4 in the morning he was wide awake and full of beans when the rest of us were dragging round like zombies.

People are so different.

Edited by Vince Green

I really do not get enough sleep and am permanently knackered due to school work, actual work, gym and then up early to go shooting on Sunday means I never get a lie in and always go to bed too late. The obligatory parties that a 6th former must attend also mean I take a serious hit on the old weekend shut eye.

Vicious cycle that I really need to break. :good: Although some of my friends fail to function in the slightest if they get any less than 9 hours sleep.

And on that note I'm off to get my stuff ready for school and then to bed for a 6:45am start.

FM :rolleyes:

I do a lot of night and evening work. Usually I sleep 5to 6 hours, but it can be half an hour or 12 hours depending on the day. Oh and I am 41, but its been like this for the last 11 years. before that I would work 34 hours and sleep the next 14 with the next day off.

I used to sleep very poor. Sleep apnea was diagnosed. Maybe sleep of 1 before waking up. Now after the uvuloplasty & septoplasty surgery operation. I go to bed and the alarm clock wakes me up now :rolleyes:

If I go to bed early I still sleep alway through :good:

Get your clanker cut off and have the your nasal cavaty drilled out, its ace. Hurts like mad afterwards but well worth the pain :rolleyes:

Jonno

Its not how many hours that is important but sleeping to cycle that is important. The average persons sleep cycle is 2.5 to 3hrs. You need to sleep in full cycles otherwise you end up fatigued as the body hasn't come to rest during the cycle. Thats why you can get by on a 2.5-3hr kip and why many people can survive on 5-6hrs a night as they sleep 2 full cycles. Surprisingly, people who go for the full 8hrs a night often struggle becuase they are forcing their body to a rigid time that does not fit to a either two or three cycles which would could be between 5 and 9 hrs...

Its not how many hours that is important but sleeping to cycle that is important. The average persons sleep cycle is 2.5 to 3hrs. You need to sleep in full cycles otherwise you end up fatigued as the body hasn't come to rest during the cycle. Thats why you can get by on a 2.5-3hr kip and why many people can survive on 5-6hrs a night as they sleep 2 full cycles. Surprisingly, people who go for the full 8hrs a night often struggle becuase they are forcing their body to a rigid time that does not fit to a either two or three cycles which would could be between 5 and 9 hrs...

I am not a sleep expert maybe you are :good: but that sounds a bit wierd to me,

If you get your head down and fall to sleep without the use of an alarm clock to wake you and allowed to wake naturally your body would normally decide when its time to wake.

i average six hours or so and less at the weekend of course.. if i have a lie in i always wake with a stiff neck and head ache which lasts all day. ive tried different beds and expensive pillows etc.... its always a problem as i often burn the candle at both ends and work stupid long physical hours and sometimes just need the extra sleep to recover...but i still wake with a bad neck/head...

does my head in.

I am not a sleep expert maybe you are :good: but that sounds a bit wierd to me,

If you get your head down and fall to sleep without the use of an alarm clock to wake you and allowed to wake naturally your body would normally decide when its time to wake.

not quite so, if you're really excited/stressed about the next day, chance are that if you set an alarm, you will wake before it. Your brain does not shut down during sleep, just the "concious" bit.

What's also weird, is that if you know you have a long boring day ahead of you, you'll sleep awfully, and wake up tired. But go to bed knowing that you've got a good day ahead of you, and even if you only get 3-4 hours, you'll be more awake and rested than the "boring morning" day.

Not to mention what you wake up to, I have a good day alarm, and a boring (normal) day one. I save GnR, Paridise City for good days, when I wake to that, I'm alert and ready to go. beep beep beep... just doesn't have the same ring to it :blink: