Failed my ******* Driving test.......again

groach1234

I'd fail for sure. All this can't cross your hands and bind spots etc. I drive a landy, if I don't cross my hands I'll never get there and if someone's in my blind spot that's their loss for getting in the way :good:

my missus passed first time and she can't go 6 months without smacking the motor up - the last one was reversing into the next door neighbour's car. I digress......

Oh Mung, you do crack me up sometimes! I really hope for your sake she doesn't read this! :no:

Edited to say good luck for next time. You can worry too much about these things, just relax and get the job done. I passed first time, theory and practical. To this day I think it's because I actually wasn't that bothered! I spent most of my test telling my examiner how he could kill his neighbours Leylandii hedge without getting found out :lol:

Edited by njc110381

Another 'third-time-lucky' merchant here, it definitely makes you a humbler driver in the long run. :lol: (er, I did manage to write off a Volvo 340 a year later...)

I'm afraid you just have to keep cool and plug away at it.

Like Axe says - I'm a great believer in the making-up-the-figures conspiracy!

Stay safe,

LS

A friend of mine bounced a cyclist off the bonnet on her test and needless to say-she failed.The wife of an ex-employer took 9 attempts to pass her test so you failing for a second time pales in comparison! :lol:

First time pass here though,but the £50 note helped and this was back in 1987 when examiners could be bought. :no:

Edited by Imperfection

I believe that we could all pass a test if we hed to take one again, we all should know how to pass the test even if we don't do it on a daily basis. If we say you couldn't then should you really be on the road?

Is driving a landy any different? does it now have correctly adjusted mirrors? You should be aware of what is going on around you at all times regardless of vehicle you are driving.

What are you going to do if a kiddie runs out in front of you? run him/her over and then say sorry I was driving a landy? :lol:

I went the wrong way on my test, the instructor said take the next turning on the right and the next turning I saw was on the left so we went that way. He actually couldn't fail me for that as everything was done how it should be. Mirror signal mirror manouvre etc.

George, as you can't drive you can your mates to drive you any parties over the festive season, it isn't all gloom and doom :lol:

Exactly. Christmas is the worst time to be passing your test. Make the most of being able to get extremely drunk without looking bad for not offering to take a turn to drive :good:

Is driving a landy any different? does it now have correctly adjusted mirrors? You should be aware of what is going on around you at all times regardless of vehicle you are driving.

What are you going to do if a kiddie runs out in front of you? run him/her over and then say sorry I was driving a landy? :no:

MC, chill out mate. I was only joking! A few years back one of the dinner ladies at the school I went to was reversing off of her drive and run a small child over because she didn't see him. She only spotted him when she saw him led on the pavement in front of her and there was nothing anyone could do for him. You can't take too much care if we're going to be serious about it. :good:

If you cant pass in three goes or less then it should be like Holland - you have had your chances and it aint going to happen.

First time fail = nerves can be an excuse

Second time = a small proceadural error can be excused

Third fail = no excuse - so give up

Too many times we hear about ridiculous numbers of goes to pass the test, just eventually passing by having a lucky 20 minutes. A piece of paper is supplied and then the lucky person races off down the motorway (in theory for the first time ever) and another dangerous statistic is unleashed.

We should definitely adopt the system of three goes maximum, and then you are consigned to a life of buses and trains, leaving the roads safer.

If you cant pass in three goes or less then it should be like Holland - you have had your chances and it aint going to happen.

Too many times we hear about ridiculous numbers of goes to pass the test, just eventually passing by having a lucky 20 minutes. A piece of paper is supplied and then the lucky person races off down the motorway (in theory for the first time ever) and another dangerous statistic is unleashed.

We should definitely adopt the system of three goes maximum, and then you are consigned to a life of buses and trains, leaving the roads safer.

What a load of ********... Sorry. Ok yes if we went with that rule I wouln't be able to drive. I wouldn't be able to do the job I do, thus i wouldn't have my house, I wouldn't be able to shoot as i wouldn't want to take wheel barrow of stuff a gun and a bag of ammon the bus oh and it doesn't pass the fields.

Also two mates of mine one, she passed sixth time and she is a fantastic driver and drives an ambulance. My other friend passed fourth time, is a retained fireman, without his license he wouldn't be able to get to the station in time to save peoples lives.

Should this be the same for all things in life. Third girlfriend and not a marraige proposal thats it. resigned to be a bachelor for life. Third job interview and still no job, thats your lot on the dole forever. Get a life

Some people don't take to driving as easily as others. That doesn't make them bad drivers once they get the hang of it. I think nerves play a big part.

My dad was an advanced driving instructor for a while. I used to go out with him now and again if the students didn't mind. I used to test them on road signs whilst my dad did the paperwork (doing half a day every weekend made me very good, even when I was six years old!). He had a few people that were very good in their instruction then failed miserably on the test. That can only be put down to one thing, making it a bigger issue than it needs to be and fluffing it through the pressure they put on themselves. As soon as the examiner was out of the car they'd be back to normal, maybe even better than average.

my missus passed first time and she can't go 6 months without smacking the motor up - the last one was reversing into the next door neighbour's car. I digress......

I'm guessing you didn't choose her for her driving ability :no:

and that you're partial to blondes if so you've condemned yourself to a lifetime of paying insurance excesses :lol:

I'm guessing you didn't choose her for her driving ability :good:

and that you're partial to blondes if so you've condemned yourself to a lifetime of paying insurance excesses :no:

My daughter passed first time, she's very intelligent but equally dizzy with it, (I often tell her that a dyed blonde bonce suits her :lol: ), she is forever dinging/scratching her car and wrote off a pick up truck/garden wall and her then Peugeot 106 some years back....thankfully she wasn't badly hurt.

i better give up the clayshooting then :unsure:

Yep, first time for me.

It's all in the mind. I really wasn't that bothered, i worked about 100 yards from home, my local was just round the corner and at the time i didn't feel a NEED to drive. Mind you i'd really struggle without a motor now. Like most things, if you ain't had it you don't miss it. On the other hand once you've got it you don't know how you managed without it.

This is TRUE-someone i know (wink wink) was taking his test a few years ago -within a mile of leaving the test centre i, sorry he, came upon an accident blocking the road-after 10 minutes or so of waiting the examiner explained that we ,sorry- they, couldnt wait any longer as more people were due to be tested and if we, sorry -they, were late then the whole day would be messed up.They were on a short stretch of a 2 lane road and he suggested that the driver perform a "u" turn despite it being illegal to do so.By the time they had turned the car round it was time to return to the test centre where,to my-mates- suprise, he then tested him on the highway code before informing him that i,sorry-my mate, had passed!! -top man!! :unsure:

I never saw this thread before now, got alot to do with night time activities :(

But at the end of november I also failed my driving test for the second time. You've just got to accept it. The first time I messed up big style, nerves got the better of me and I ended up with 3 majors (1 of them for multiple minors) and many many minors. The second time, I misjudged the approach to a junction, and ended up going to pull away, and the light turned red. It's teh kind of fault that you will only ever do once, because you'll be kicking yourself for it. I still havent rebooked, as my parents are looking into getting me a car at home to practice in ( I have only had lessons thus far)

keep your chin up dude, and beat the **** out of a punch bag, worked for me :no: