Recomend a film.....

Cosd

Films you might of missed:

Let the right one in (The book is very good also, this is dubed or subtitles).

The Hurt Locker. (Brilliant war film, got a bunch of awards)

Pan's labyrinth (Intresting dark fairytale sort of film, subtitles)

District 9 (Big-bucks alien action flick, you might of missed it)

Moon (made by an realitivly unknown studio but worth the watch)

4 Months 3 weeks 2 days (Hard core subject, subtitles)

City of God. (Subtitles, but a very good gangster film)

Drag me to Hell. (Extreamly entertaining horror/dark comedy film)

Millon dollar baby (Good, well acted 'Rags to riches' film, with a few poignant moments).

I tried my best to pick a film from any genre, and most are unwatched, so I hope you'll find something there.

if your in to martial arts films i've recently watched 'flashpoint' starring donnie yen, collin chou and the bloke from kung fu hustle, really good fight scene's with full contact and loads of various fighting styles from wing chun, judo to mma really good also watched 'ip man' with donnie yen its the story of the bloke who taught brue lee but the fighting although good is more standard hong kong produced stuff but story is intresting. both are subtitled though i don't mind but some do

so you didnt like the one where he played a green beret? :good: :good:

and there was one where he was in the navy! he was a bit like ricky gervais or vinnie jones for me same character different roll although he's no where near as annoying as bloody gervais! don't get me wrong he' :good: s a legend but a bit type cast

and there was one where he was in the navy! he was a bit like ricky gervais or vinnie jones for me same character different roll although he's no where near as annoying as bloody gervais! don't get me wrong he' :blink: s a legend but a bit type cast

What about "Brannigan" that was a good film that john wayne made that wernrt a cowboy, or Chism, john chism!

Off topic a little but he has already been mentioned...Ricky Gervais...I just do not get it/him, completely over rated IMO. Lacks the one essential for a 'comedian', he is not funny...ever.

It's nice to know that I am not alone in this - I was beginning to think I was the only one who couldn,t see any humour in what he does.

For recommendations: District 9 is definitely worth seeing because 1) it is not what you expect and 2) I have a feeling there may be a follow up film and you will have to know the original story to really appreciate it.

Have just seen Avatar on the big screen and must say that was really impressive. Everyone in the cinema seemed to enjoy it except the girl sitting next to me who spent most of the time texting on her mobile and also someone's youngster (who was definitely underage for the certificate 12A) who was crying through nearly all of the film!

Saw Inglorious ******** recently, the original (Spanish ?) version. Not bad if you want an action movie that you don't have to think about any of the plot. My sons also saw the Quintin Tarantino version and said it was no better or no worse.

If you want a Vietnam era war movie with a difference but one which struck me as being pretty accurate in detail was "The Odd Angry Shot" starring Bryan Brown. The basic story is about an Australian SAS recon unit and it makes a change from the general Hollywood "rhubarb". Made in 1979 but still worth searching out.