Which Charity ?

ME

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Went air ambulance but rnli would be close second.....

both should get goverment help......

shaun

(havnt used either but its nice to know they are there)

would have liked a dermatology choice though as they saved my arm from being amputated....but thats purely sellfish reasons.. :good:

Please keep the replies coming chaps.

This isnt just another "what is your favourite dinner" type thread.

I am trying to gauge the MAJORITY feeling of PW support for a charity.

I voted for the RNLI but there are a lot of good causes listed there.

I guess I can relate to the RNLI because I like to go fishing from rocks on the coast. One day I may need to use some of my donation to get me home safely!

Was it here that I read that someone did a charity shoot for cancer research and when CR found out how the money was raised they sent the cheque back? For that reason I'd say I'd be happy for my money to go to most places but CR's not one of them!

BASC`s Wildlife Habitat Trust.

Set up to loan money primarily for the purchase of land for shooting.

When one of the main threats to shooting, especially wildfowling, is the purchase of the land by an unsympathetic landlord who promptly stops the shooting, the only sure way to safeguard our future is to buy the land outright.

A significant source of income for the RSPB is charitable donations. Money they then use to purchase land or to plough into their many campaigns to marginalise shooting.

I can never understand why, as shooters, when we have a few quid to give away, we want splash it about everywhere else but the one place where it will do us all some good in the long run.

I didn't realise you wanted a local charity, for one that is close to me it would be the British Heart Foundation. The RNLI have more money than they know what to do with and are very wasteful with it.

Great Ormond Street really is a no brainer :good: