I've found some pigeon shooting

gyp

Depends if you have any other access to shooting i guess

I wouldnt just let them eat all his crops and leave him your number if he wants you to sort them for him :good:

I agree, i have been lucky and never paid for pigeon shooting, but if you have nothing else and the pigeon are there it could be a cheap day, have a google about you will see that some companies charge alot more for a day on the pigeon, but they should have many acres and put you in a field with a good chance of a good day.

I would just leave my number with him, if you have shooting else where.

I've had days out and fired one or two shots with no hits.

I'm not sure if I'd want to pay £25 for that.

On the other hand if I was guaranteed a reasonably good day then £25 might not be too bad.

You could come to some sort of arrangement with a sliding scale?

Nial.

Pay up or dont shoot- seems like a simple choice- you can always sell the birds to assist in recouping some dosh

Les :good:

I could if i get any. I haven't done any field pigeon shooting so i'm not sure how i would get on?

I guess though for £25 i could find out?

Spend your money on fuel and use the day to drive around knocking on doors :hmm: . Let the pigeons eat his rape :good: !!!!

Indeed. Farmers should be pleased to have you providing free pest control. He's just taking his chances trying to get a few bob - which aint a bad idea - as there are people out there who'll pay it.

But giving in will encourage other farmers to do it and it'll be the start of the end i think...

Personally I wouldn’t pay for it, but hay ho if that’s what ya got then you’ll make the decision for this year.

I can try and give you advice and its free 4 the future.

Get you eye in this year but look around the local farmers later in the year and try to get some beating on a local pheasant shoots. It will open doors 4 you, they will get to know you and you them. This is a sure way to get some free shooting and you get to meet like minded people it will just cost you some days out in the fresh air to earn your spurs.

Good luck mate

Hi mate, i see your in the north east,Why dont you join the NPPC?

Loads of land up that end, £150. for a years shooting, shoot as often as you like,

great set up & a chance to meet up with some like minded folk.

have alook at N,P,P,C website or get in touch for more info

Regards Lewis

Is this the farmer direct or though a agent eg like our site sponser .

If it the farmer I would say no thanks I dont think there would be a huge demand for winter pigeon shooting and paying for it.

I dont belive in paying but I understand why some do I think we should get paid myself and some do.

Regards OTH

Amazing isn’t it how the biggest problem faced by people on here is getting land to shoot on, you’ve only to read the sob stories or read the shooting wanted posts to know getting land to shoot on is very very difficult (for most). Yet almost without fail posters on here will say ‘don’t pay’ usually ones with plenty of shooting permission (and probably the ones least likely to share it). :lol:

There’s also the ‘doing the farmer a favour shooting his pests’ line only if you think about it there’s not many farmers knocking on doors asking for pigeon/pest shooters! <_<

IMO it’s the law of supply and demand...there’s obviously plenty of demand for shooting land, no shortage of shooters wanting it so what happens in these situations...the price goes up. :lol:

If you have no permission but want to shoot there’s nothing wrong in paying for it...tell me of any other sport, pastime or hobby you can do for free...and don’t include walking or twitching!

Pay up and enjoy.

I would go and offer him £250 for the year and see what he says. If it is a decent piece of land and worth shooting then fine.

I have just got my first permission and before that I used to pay for a days shooting about once a month. Some days you have good bags and some days you didn't. That is shooting in general whether you are paying or not.

Don't listen to the don't pay won't pay brigade, if you want the shooting then dig deep and enjoy your self.

I would go and offer him £250 for the year and see what he says. If it is a decent piece of land and worth shooting then fine.

I have just got my first permission and before that I used to pay for a days shooting about once a month. Some days you have good bags and some days you didn't. That is shooting in general whether you are paying or not.

Don't listen to the don't pay won't pay brigade, if you want the shooting then dig deep and enjoy your self.

One of my permissions has a system where you pay £250 for the year but if you show him proof of killing 100 pigeons or 100 rabbits then he gives you your money back, nice system really, i havn`t had to do this as i got the permission through a reference from another farmer but i have heard that it sorts the unwanted people who say they will turnup but are never seen again.